To early for "I love you" (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys/ gurls,
just curious, say ur in a relationship, is there a certain amount of time in the relationship that it is too ealy to say that u love the other person?

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Love is what you make of it. You can 'love' early in the relationship, but then it'll develop as you get more experience and get to know them better. Just depends on your conception of love. Personally I think at least a week or two should be left. Maybe I think too much about it, but if someone fell for me in a day or two, I'd question whether they'd fall for someone else just as quickly, which would make our relationship rather unstable. This definetly applies if either of you have just broken up with someone.

Besides.. sometimes the tension is nice. :D

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
**Temptation** said:
hey guys/ gurls,
just curious, say ur in a relationship, is there a certain amount of time in the relationship that it is too ealy to say that u love the other person?
Whenever it comes naturally, but it may seem a little odd or unexpected if you say it 'too early'.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
me n this guy sed we loved each other all the time, b4 we officially got together, and then i decided not to "make it official" and it hink it hurt more cos we had been sayin it.
i looked on icq n read all the msgs i had sent and they all sed luv ya or i love u stax etc.
i cringe so bad.

i tell my close friends i love em stacks, even the boys... but in a dating relationship i think im gona hav 2 watch my tongue

*squimmy*

HSC
yeah sounds like a good idea. heres a story for ya. back in like year 9 or 10, i fell for this girl, she fell for me too. we started goin out. we got really close, like im talkin real close, and i knew i loved her. we started sayin it to her and she said it back. then this time, somethin happened with another man, like a kiss and touchin and shit, and i was like fuck you, but i stayed with her, down the track, she did it again, i stayed, until it started bein roots and slutty shit. i really loved her, but i guess different people have different meanings of love, and when filthy dirty sluts say they love you it just means they like sex with u, so i strongly advise takin it slow in the saying of "i love you" cos i was the one that meant it and i came off second best.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
as i'd said in this thread:

hmmm that's hard to answer coz the time it takes for someone to realise they're "in love" with someone varies dramatically person to person. i think too many people throw the L word around these days, saying it waaay too early in the relationship or when they're not ready etc.

i'm not saying that love at first sight doesnt exist - just that you should wait til you're sure about it before doing it. for me, i have to feel that i know him pretty well and feel so strongly for him, that i'm SURE it's love.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
John Mayer Quote Time!!!

It's a good read.

"When you first meet somebody, you find out they like you first of all. A friend of a friend of their’s says he or she really really likes you and it floors you, kills you, sends you to the ground. You gotta pick yourself up off the ground and then you get their phone number and you call them up right and you say “Yeah that was a great phone conversation, can I see you sometime?” And then they say this, they say, “I’d like that” And “I’d like that” makes you fall on the floor again. Your heart is about to stop because of “I’d like that.” Nothing feels better than “I’d like that.” So now, your blood pressure’s goin’. You’re six feet off the ground. You can’t sleep because of “I’d like that.”

So then you hang out for a while and you call and you talk on the phone all the time and then you drop the bomb or what feels like the bomb. You say, “You know what? I’ve been thinkin about you a lot.” And see goes “Haaaaugh!” And you go “What happened?” and she goes “I’m sorry. I just. I just. I just. That’s… I’ve been thinking about you too.” BAM! Higher into the sky. But now, “I’d like that?” Done! Now you’re up to “I’m thinking about you.”

Then, however number of months pass, it makes you feel comfortable saying it, you say “I gotta tell you something.” They go “What?” You go, “I’m in love with you.” And nothing in the world sounds better than “I’m in love with you.” And then maybe she starts crying or maybe he goes “Huuugh!” And then all of a sudden you’re like, “I’m in.” But now, what doesn’t work? “I’d like that” and “I’ve been thinkin about you.” Now we’re at “I’m in love with you.”

Then maybe someday we move up to “I love you.”Fastforward, now you’re like “I love you a lot. I love you more than anything in life.” Now “I love you” doesn’t work. It’s a threshold. It keeps moving up.

Fastforward like six months, six weeks, whatever the case may be. Now you’re on like, “I wanna marry you. I wanna impregnate you with my love. I wanna- I wanna just send my love to you. Damnit! Words don’t work anymore!” And then you say this line and you know-you know you’ve used this line before. “I just wish they’d put a new word in the dictionary bigger than love, cuz love just doesn’t decribe what I feel.”

And so then, now he or she starts asking “Do you love me?” And you start going, “Of course I love you.” “Well say it!” And then it becomes “Say it twice” and they go “Say it three times.' And then, you cross a really interesting point, where all of a sudden it becomes “I hate you. I hate you.” And you go “Oh my God, she hates me.” And now it’s “I hate you more than anything!” And then it’s like “We’re over!” And they’re like “No, we’re not!” And you go “Yes we are!”

And now the words completely do not work at all. You’re left with nothing. You’re throwing punches under water. You’re done!

You know what the moral of this story is – if there is one?

Never ever, ever, ever underestimate the power of “I’d like that."

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i dun get the quote... i must to too thick or something :confused:

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
John Mayer Quote Time!!!

It's a good read.

"When you first meet somebody, you find out they like you first of all. A friend of a friend of their’s says he or she really really likes you and it floors you, kills you, sends you to the ground. You gotta pick yourself up off the ground and then you get their phone number and you call them up right and you say “Yeah that was a great phone conversation, can I see you sometime?” And then they say this, they say, “I’d like that” And “I’d like that” makes you fall on the floor again. Your heart is about to stop because of “I’d like that.” Nothing feels better than “I’d like that.” So now, your blood pressure’s goin’. You’re six feet off the ground. You can’t sleep because of “I’d like that.”

So then you hang out for a while and you call and you talk on the phone all the time and then you drop the bomb or what feels like the bomb. You say, “You know what? I’ve been thinkin about you a lot.” And see goes “Haaaaugh!” And you go “What happened?” and she goes “I’m sorry. I just. I just. I just. That’s… I’ve been thinking about you too.” BAM! Higher into the sky. But now, “I’d like that?” Done! Now you’re up to “I’m thinking about you.”

Then, however number of months pass, it makes you feel comfortable saying it, you say “I gotta tell you something.” They go “What?” You go, “I’m in love with you.” And nothing in the world sounds better than “I’m in love with you.” And then maybe she starts crying or maybe he goes “Huuugh!” And then all of a sudden you’re like, “I’m in.” But now, what doesn’t work? “I’d like that” and “I’ve been thinkin about you.” Now we’re at “I’m in love with you.”

Then maybe someday we move up to “I love you.”Fastforward, now you’re like “I love you a lot. I love you more than anything in life.” Now “I love you” doesn’t work. It’s a threshold. It keeps moving up.

Fastforward like six months, six weeks, whatever the case may be. Now you’re on like, “I wanna marry you. I wanna impregnate you with my love. I wanna- I wanna just send my love to you. Damnit! Words don’t work anymore!” And then you say this line and you know-you know you’ve used this line before. “I just wish they’d put a new word in the dictionary bigger than love, cuz love just doesn’t decribe what I feel.”

And so then, now he or she starts asking “Do you love me?” And you start going, “Of course I love you.” “Well say it!” And then it becomes “Say it twice” and they go “Say it three times.' And then, you cross a really interesting point, where all of a sudden it becomes “I hate you. I hate you.” And you go “Oh my God, she hates me.” And now it’s “I hate you more than anything!” And then it’s like “We’re over!” And they’re like “No, we’re not!” And you go “Yes we are!”

And now the words completely do not work at all. You’re left with nothing. You’re throwing punches under water. You’re done!

You know what the moral of this story is – if there is one?

Never ever, ever, ever underestimate the power of “I’d like that."
lmao...rite on! best quote eva...:D

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Like a power ranger, this thread has morphed from cringeworthy to truly cringeworthy.

Well done mang.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
it took my gf about 3 weeks until she said i love u to me.. then i said it back n now it feels nice to be in love :p~

feeling that weird feeling in ur stomach like ur sad when they aren't around.. whats that mean ? :(

HSC
like the guy that, well its a hard situation and its a long story, i wanna say it to him, but im afraid, it will like scare him or something, like things are TOO serious...or something like that..this guy means so much to him and i want him to know how i feel about him, i just dunt know how or wen to say it

Got any advice for me?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
**Temptation** said:
like the guy that, well its a hard situation and its a long story, i wanna say it to him, but im afraid, it will like scare him or something, like things are TOO serious...or something like that..this guy means so much to him and i want him to know how i feel about him, i just dunt know how or wen to say it

Got any advice for me?
stop watching the OC

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I've known this guy for just over a month now and we are really close friends (kinda like we've known each other forever) and we say I love you's to each other all the time even though we're not 'together'
But we act soooooo much like a couple all the time, he ring every night and helps me through the family probs I'm having at the moment and he is helping me since I'm very sick atm :) :eek:

HSC
absolution* said:
what the hell is wrong with you

g0t calliforniaaaaaa?!
absolutely noting, just because i may be one of the few who do not watch the show, doenst mean there is something wrong with me, i have neva watched it, so i wuldnt know wat goes on, or the basis of the show

S

Shuter

champ_sammy_19 said:
I've known this guy for just over a month now and we are really close friends (kinda like we've known each other forever) and we say I love you's to each other all the time even though we're not 'together'
But we act soooooo much like a couple all the time, he ring every night and helps me through the family probs I'm having at the moment and he is helping me since I'm very sick atm :) :eek:
Do you sleep with him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)