To legal, to IPT or to physics, that is the question (1 Viewer)

Which to drop?

• Total voters

ninjia

HSC
N/A
I'm in year 10, choosing subjects for next year
At my school we are only allowed 13 units
My current subjects are
3U math
Advanced English
Modern History
IPT
Economics
Physics

Problem is, I really want to do Legal as i want to do law in uni and it sounds fun
Only things I can switch it with are Physics and IPT
I am average at IPT, and its a case of not likely or hating it, but it is accelerated meaning that i will do the HSC for that next year saving time.
I am also average at Physics, but i chose it because its a different test format ( Q and A)
I just DONNNTTTT KKKNOOWW , HHHEEELLLPPPP MMMEEE:spzz:

(btw aiming for ATAR over 96)

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
You should try convince your teachers that since you are doing an accelerated subject, you should be entitled to doing 2 extra units. If that's not possible, I'd say go for physics, seeing you're doing 3U maths.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Before you choose your subject, ask yourself-why do you think that studying law sounds like fun-->To be honest, when you get down to the hard letter law, it might not be as fun as you think it is. You might currently be getting an overly idealistic image of what a law student's life is. Also legal studies is more normative things-->more of the effects of policies rather than the application of legal principles to problems. In some sense, legal studies is very different from studying law in uni-->not that I am persuading you to not do law or legal, but sometimes it is good to step back and think about your assumptions (also feel free to check out threads in law sub-forums in the university forums section to get an insight into what being law students really are like)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Have a look at previous cohorts performances in the respective subject;

check out topscores.net or ask your teachers how previous cohorts have performed in respective subject.

Look into who is teaching the respective subjects next year.

Look at the preliminary/HSC syllabuses + notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)