Toastmasters, anyone? (1 Viewer)

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Are there any BOSers, especially those currently in a university who practice public speaking with a Toastmasters International club?
While I like what I'm doing there, sometimes I am intimidated by all the older and more experienced people around me, and I am interested to know if there are any clubs in Sydney with more younger people.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
lol i had two free classes that extended two whole days at parliament house

the trainer was the president and former governor of NSW/ACT and also a successful businesswoman! - back then i got about 5 bosers to join me- we met for the first time....

would i do it for real? probably not, im a pretty awesome speaker, thank God for that- i love speaking off the cuff - just gimme any time any place, any topic

they used to say that i was good at talking BS!

*Minka*

HSC
I was encouraged to do public speaking when I was in year 8 and while I am not a shy person by any means, I was scared of getting up there with my then still very thick accent and mistaken ridden English. But I have heard it is a really good experience and looks great on resumes.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
if you dont need it, dont go for it i reckon,

i mean, these people can do wonders with people who need confidence, and if they have biz experience, they can help you out there too as they teach business leadership, but apart from that, im not interested, i could have had another free session in dec, i passed it up lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)