Tomorrowland 2014 during HSC Year? (1 Viewer)

Spring Chicken

HSC
Hi everyone! I want to attend this years Tomorrowland in Belgium. It is a music festival that occurs on two weekends towards the end of July. I've checked my Term 3 planner and it says my HSC Trials are in early August. The dilemma lies not in cost, but in my parents and school (my principal may get suspicious and upset about a student taking a week off school). I'm of the correct age limit, 17 and turning 18 in 2014. I don't know how to tell my parents this, knowing that they'll more than certainly say hell no etc etc. I don't want to "sneak" off because that seems really weird. I have the money, my passport, 3 American friends, 1 Australian friend and 1 Canadian friend.

I'm not worried about studying for my HSC Trials because I am more than confident that my plans to study before and after and maybe during the festival will allow me to pass. I just need some way to convince my parents and then school principal. This sounds stupid but I really really want to attend. I know it's risky but I'm confident and willing to take a risk.

What do you guys think? Are you going to Tomorrowland 2014?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I was away for three weeks in Africa before my trials so it is possible (I did pretty well in my trials even with the time away with no work cause I worked very hard on return and did lots of ground work before I left), but I'm not sure if your school would be happy with the music festival reasoning, but they can't really stop you lol. Parents probs won't be happy and may try to stop you.

Spring Chicken

HSC
I was away for three weeks in Africa before my trials so it is possible (I did pretty well in my trials even with the time away with no work cause I worked very hard on return and did lots of ground work before I left), but I'm not sure if your school would be happy with the music festival reasoning, but they can't really stop you lol. Parents probs won't be happy and may try to stop you.
That's the problem. I don't have a good or sensible sounding reason haha. To be honest I'm not too worried about my HSC, my school has a reputation of landing low 90's at its very least and I feel more than confident in achieving that and more. From school, all I think they'll do is sit me in a room and play "interrogation" on me hahaha. For uni, I'm thinking about studying full load and lessen the partying. I'm pretty sure it's legal if I pay for everything, not so sure about some 17 year old flying by himself over to Europe hahaha. I've been for athletics but that's a reason haha.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
That's the problem. I don't have a good or sensible sounding reason haha. To be honest I'm not too worried about my HSC, my school has a reputation of landing low 90's at its very least and I feel more than confident in achieving that and more. From school, all I think they'll do is sit me in a room and play "interrogation" on me hahaha. For uni, I'm thinking about studying full load and lessen the partying. I'm pretty sure it's legal if I pay for everything, not so sure about some 17 year old flying by himself over to Europe hahaha. I've been for athletics but that's a reason haha.
Yeah, I don't have doubts you'll still be able to perform well if you are organised/dedicated.

I mean if you've had no/little absences they can't really stop you missing school-the only thing they may get you on is missing school days directly before a task (if trials literally start on the Monday after you've been away).

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Yolo, just go... Not like one weekend will ruin your hsc :p

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
ooooo I would love to go to Tomorrowland...

Apparently the two weekends is a one-off thing for its 10 year anniversary. Tickets sell out in a flash though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)