Topics we can't do (1 Viewer)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Hey I really want to do a topic on modern China but most of it seems to be on the syllabus and my teacher is in hospital so I can't email her so I really need your help!!!
The syllabus is just really confusing and I want to study the historiography of the Nanjing Massacre.. is that on the syllabus as well and if it is, can I still do it by refining the area of study?

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
LOL our teacher has banned people from topics on or surrounding the holocaust..
But yeah, I was reading through our HTA history textbook, and under China 1937 -45, there is this like one sentence on the Nanjing Massacre under the sub heading of Japanese Invasion. I was thinking, if im allowed, I could possibly say that textbooks and history books on WWII tend to forget this historical tragedy possibly because of the politics surrounding it today or because of the whole Japanese cover up and denial of this massacre.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
my topic is a case study. you'll be fine as long as you don't touch what's in the syllabus.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I have to change investigation topics now because someone did a similar project the previous year. THat has really pissed me off!!!!!!!

X

xeuyrawp

Malfoy said:
Not clear if it is on the syllabus, but you can always refine the topic and still do your project on it. All you have to do is look at it from a different angle than the syllabus!

How do you think all the Holocaust proposals get approved? :p
Yeah, that's exactly right.

Try not to get too hung up on what you can and and can't do at this stage. There's always a way around a syllabus problem..

Carnivour

HSC
Yeah, there are always loop holes in syllabi. Although, having said that, I was more than pissed off last year when in my ext hist class one boy did Akhenaten and the other one did the Minoans, both of which we were studying parallelely (lolerz) in Ancient. This, I guess, is a fairly significant advantage for them.

I guess it just depends on the teacher, but i wasnt feeling petty enough to complain.

X

xeuyrawp

Carnivour said:
Yeah, there are always loop holes in syllabi.
Why do I hear people saying that, when the bos itself says 'syllabuses'?

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
ari89 said:
I have to change investigation topics now because someone did a similar project the previous year. THat has really pissed me off!!!!!!!
We can't do similar topics?!?

X

xeuyrawp

lilkiwifruit said:
You can. The poster is probably woried that the marker will be bored of the topic.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
You can. The poster is probably woried that the marker will be bored of the topic.
it wasn't because the marker would get bored of the topic, it is because the teachers will not let me do a similar topic to someone from the previous year out of fears of copying it etc.

lilkiwifruit said:
You would be able to choose a similar one...if you don't go to my school. For me the fear is probably because I go to a small school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)