Train tickets used in Buses? (1 Viewer)

_StrawBerryJam_

HSC
So I have seen some people use the red train tickets on buses on weekdays on my way to uni..
is that possible? just wondering.
because every morning i have to buy a return train ticket to UWS Parra and then use my TravelTen on buses.
was wondering how does the train ticket work on its own? :S

SunnyScience

HSC
So I have seen some people use the red train tickets on buses on weekdays on my way to uni..
is that possible? just wondering.
because every morning i have to buy a return train ticket to UWS Parra and then use my TravelTen on buses.
was wondering how does the train ticket work on its own? :S
They have probably purchased a "Mymulti Weekly" ticket. This can be used for all modes of transportation for the entire week. MyMulti2 Student Weekly = $26

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Yes, the "train looking" tickets do work on buses. However, if you look carefully it is not JUST a train ticket but a multi one. If you want the name it's called "MyTrain Weekly" - they are exactly the same as MyMulti but different texture, colour, and writing.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Actually I'm wrong. They probably use the pensioned version :)

squishyau

HSC
Or a $2.50 single day pensioner pass that has unlimited travel on bus, train and ferries <3

squishyau

HSC
what happens if one gets caught with the pensioner ticket? :O
I haven't been checked in years, but I know if I were to be checked I would just start talking spanish and pretend I'm not from around here haha

Clean Sweep

HSC
I haven't been checked in years, but I know if I were to be checked I would just start talking spanish and pretend I'm not from around here haha
Or, you can get a MyMulti from the newsagent and not active it. Whenever the fare enforcers come around, just show them the inactivated MyMulti ticket and carry around the pension ticket when you don't need to show the ticket. This one is for those you can't speak another language. You can get away with this since fare enforcers generally don't carry around any electronic equipment. Just a trick, try at your own risk, not my fault if you get caught.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
They would still get you for that. I've seen it happen.

But the amount you've saved in the past is probably less than the fine would be.

I by no means endorse that though, I get a mymulti2

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Or, you can get a MyMulti from the newsagent and not active it. Whenever the fare enforcers come around, just show them the inactivated MyMulti ticket and carry around the pension ticket when you don't need to show the ticket. This one is for those you can't speak another language. You can get away with this since fare enforcers generally don't carry around any electronic equipment. Just a trick, try at your own risk, not my fault if you get caught.
if it's not activated, it won't have a date stamp on it and therefore the officers will be able to tell.

Iced-coffee

HSC
How you get the pensioner ticket? Won't they be able to tell your definitely not old enough to be a pensioner?

HSC
so fine is what $225

say you go school 4 times thats pensioner 10 dollars a week you can go anywhere on anything and save 16 compared to my multi 2
225/16 = 14~

so just do pensioner for only 2 weeks you've already saved the amount of the fine, which means after that your saving even more money and when you get fined you just pay the amount that you wouldn't have saved if you had bought mymulti 2, so win-win.
its not like they give you a crim record for ticket evasion (Well, its not really ticket evasion since you are buying a ticket)

D94

HSC
N/A
If you buy a MyMulti from the train station, it's just a red train ticket programmed to work on trains/buses/ferries. It will say "MyMulti" on the train ticket so police/patrol officers will know if it's a MyMulti or a normal train ticket.

A normal train ticket won't allow you to use buses.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
if it's not activated, it won't have a date stamp on it and therefore the officers will be able to tell.
When you buy them from a newsagent they are not stamped initially and the barriers at stations don't stamp them, one of my friends was able to use an old mymulti for a week or two on buses (obviously expired on the barriers for trains) before a driver even wrote a date on it.

D94

HSC
N/A
If you only use it on trains, it won't have a date stamped on it. Also, if you are using bus services which don't have a ticket machine, it won't have a date stamped on it. Many loopholes there.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
If you only use it on trains, it won't have a date stamped on it. Also, if you are using bus services which don't have a ticket machine, it won't have a date stamped on it. Many loopholes there.
Beaten =P

Anyway, i remember reading somewhere once that if you buy an unstamped mymulti you are technically supposed to write the date you start using it in pen before using it. I don't use mymultis so idk if that is true or enforced.

funstudy

HSC
Probs a MyMulti, normal train tickets usually do not work?

Iced-coffee

HSC
Yo how you get the pensioner ticket, do you say you are buying it for you grandma or something? Or do they not care?

squishyau

HSC
Yo how you get the pensioner ticket, do you say you are buying it for you grandma or something? Or do they not care?
I always just get them from train ticket machines and use my travel ten if I need a bus to get there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)