transfer likelihood?? help (1 Viewer)

suj21

HSC
I can either do bcom in unsw and put my life on on getting an internal transfer into com/law, or I can do com/law from Macq.

I'm worried that even if i do really well and intern etc, I'll still find it really hard to get jobs because i went to macq. On the other hand, obviously transfer into law at unsw is super competitive.

How likely is it that i'll be able to transfer? Will I be better off just going to macq? How is macq seen in the industry?

Thanks

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I can either do bcom in unsw and put my life on on getting an internal transfer into com/law, or I can do com/law from Macq.

I'm worried that even if i do really well and intern etc, I'll still find it really hard to get jobs because i went to macq. On the other hand, obviously transfer into law at unsw is super competitive.

How likely is it that i'll be able to transfer? Will I be better off just going to macq? How is macq seen in the industry?

Thanks
Actually Macquarie is quite a reputable university. I know it's not as prestigious as USYD or UNSW but graduates are still employed. In fact many of the top law firms have graduates from Macquarie Uni.

If you want to study law at UNSW, then give internal transfer a shot. If you want to play it safe, pick Macquarie and look to do an external transfer. However, I will say that external transfer is harder cause there are less spots available. Internal transfer guarantees at least 100 spots.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)