Transferring courses, and then universities...? (1 Viewer)

sickchops

HSC
Hey, I don't know much about this, but thanks if you can help out!

Next year i will be attending some form of business at UWS (nothing to do with ability, really just wasn't interested in high school/study and 80ATAR shows this).

Ultimately, i'll be wanting to do Business/Law - my plan is get required GPA in business then switch to combined Business/Law degree at UWS and then try to switch to Usyd..

If anyone can fill me in on how difficult it is to switch universities - especially from UWS to Usyd in Business/Law it'd be much appreciated.

Just so you know, i shouldn't have much trouble getting a 5GPA in either Business or law at UWS (a sibling has done it with less ability than me).

Thanks if you can help!!

Bananaberry

HSC
Remember when trying to transfer uni's your GPA and ATAR will be the determining factor and you will be in competition from others. The Non Recent School Leaver cutoff is higher than Recent School Leavers

Mathy

HSC
Remember when trying to transfer uni's your GPA and ATAR will be the determining factor and you will be in competition from others. The Non Recent School Leaver cutoff is higher than Recent School Leavers
Before BOS went down I am sure that I read many people's posts saying that the NRSL cut-off is usually lower than for RSL. Unfortunately I can't link to particular posts.

Bananaberry

HSC
Well I can only relate to my own experience. I tried to transfer to a uni closer to back where my parents lived and when I applied, even though my ATAR (then UAI) was quite a few points above the uai needed to get into the course I wanted to transfer into, I never got in. I called UAC up and asked, and they said the NRSL cutoff was higher than the one for RSL.

ar7

HSC
lol op ur fkn dreaming. first and foremost lets see u get into uws law.

astroe

HSC
UWS Commerce to UWS Commerce/Law to USYD Commerce/Law?
Hm, that's quite an ask. Realistically I don't think this is possible, not the USYD step anyway, unless you had like a WAM of like 100, haha.
Since they look at both you ATAR and GPA/WAM, it's much harder given the fact that your ATAR would let you down. But hey, who knows. No harm in trying.

Aim to at least get into UWS Commerce/Law first. It in itself is a pretty good course. Try the ABL combo if you can get it.
But since you got an 80 ATAR wouldn't you barely make it into UWS Commerce/Law with all the bonus points?

ixswans

HSC
Since they look at both you ATAR and GPA/WAM, it's much harder given the fact that your ATAR would let you down. But hey, who knows. No harm in trying.

USyd actually look at the better of either ATAR/GPA or GPA alone - they say you need a Distinction average to be 'competitive' although I'd wager without a WAM of about 80+ you wouldn't really be competitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)