trials help (1 Viewer)

@idontknow

HSC
hey guys since we got trials coming up I was wondering what you guys think my plan of action I should take due to my consequences of rarely studying. below are the subjects I do and what do you guys think I should do for each one.
English standard: Almost made my 4 essays but weak on short response questions
Maths advance and extension maths: I am missing a lot of content knowledge and haven't even finish the whole maths book yet while everyone else is doing past papers
Biology: Same issue as for maths missing a lot of content
SDD: Missing a lot of key content
Business studies: Pretty easy just need to go through content and do past papers.

Epicman69

HSC
hey guys since we got trials coming up I was wondering what you guys think my plan of action I should take due to my consequences of rarely studying. below are the subjects I do and what do you guys think I should do for each one.
Maths advance and extension maths: I am missing a lot of content knowledge and haven't even finish the whole maths book yet while everyone else is doing past papers
Business studies: Pretty easy just need to go through content and do past papers.
Depending on how far your trials are, my advice would be to firstly finish your 4 essays or whatever and grind out past trials/hsc papers. For Maths, at this point you are just gonna have to stick it through and try to finish as much of it you can, I am assuming you are using Cambridge Textbook, if so skip the foundation questions and just half of the development questions and every single chapter review that will be assessed, good thing here is studying for EXT 1 is basically studying for Advanced with the exception of specific stats topics and financial maths (These you need to study for separately). Once you feel confident enough with your Maths do AS MANY Past papers as possible with a heavy focus on extension 1. The same basically applies for Biology, tbh BIO is more of rote learny subject so memorizing the details and content should suffice, obviously do past papers for this as well, mainly to practice how you are gonna structure/apply the content you learned. Can't comment on SDD haven't done it myself, and you seem to be doing well for Business studies.

Now I know it will be hell, but there will be no holidays for you this time around (the same for most people, myself included), you are just gonna have to bite the bullet and just grind it through. You will probably be burned out by the end of it, but at least you gave it your best for the most weighted school exam in your final high school year. After trials are over just give yourself a week off like my plan is to legit not go to school and just sit at home and play games lol. After this, your HSC grind comes, which in my experience is actually pretty chill as you've done like 80% of the work already, but make sure you don't get too relaxed, it will bite you in the back.

Good luck with your exams.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
For maths ... just do the chapter reviews and that will give you an idea of what topics you're good at already and what topics you need extra work on

@idontknow

HSC
On the topic of maths, particularly Extension 1, just grind past papers and you will learn the content along the way. Trust me, you will never fill content with your knowledge, even if you have done all the exercises. It is best to keep on doing past papers until you get the hang of all the topics. Unlike most other subjects, maths is 100% application and even with content knowledge, it will never suffice. Practice, practice and practice instead.
so you reckon I should just forgot about going through content and grind out past papers for both extension and advance. Also would you think just writing a summary for all the formulas would be helpful

@idontknow

HSC
Depending on how far your trials are, my advice would be to firstly finish your 4 essays or whatever and grind out past trials/hsc papers. For Maths, at this point you are just gonna have to stick it through and try to finish as much of it you can, I am assuming you are using Cambridge Textbook, if so skip the foundation questions and just half of the development questions and every single chapter review that will be assessed, good thing here is studying for EXT 1 is basically studying for Advanced with the exception of specific stats topics and financial maths (These you need to study for separately). Once you feel confident enough with your Maths do AS MANY Past papers as possible with a heavy focus on extension 1. The same basically applies for Biology, tbh BIO is more of rote learny subject so memorizing the details and content should suffice, obviously do past papers for this as well, mainly to practice how you are gonna structure/apply the content you learned. Can't comment on SDD haven't done it myself, and you seem to be doing well for Business studies.

Now I know it will be hell, but there will be no holidays for you this time around (the same for most people, myself included), you are just gonna have to bite the bullet and just grind it through. You will probably be burned out by the end of it, but at least you gave it your best for the most weighted school exam in your final high school year. After trials are over just give yourself a week off like my plan is to legit not go to school and just sit at home and play games lol. After this, your HSC grind comes, which in my experience is actually pretty chill as you've done like 80% of the work already, but make sure you don't get too relaxed, it will bite you in the back.

Good luck with your exams.
thanks a lot for the info

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
so you reckon I should just forgot about going through content and grind out past papers for both extension and advance. Also would you think just writing a summary for all the formulas would be helpful
That's probably the best way to go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)