Trials (1 Viewer)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I'm a part of the leadership team at our school and a big debate that's going on atm is moving our trials back. Our school does their trials in mid-end of term 2 and so a lot of the students want it moved back into term 3 as they get more time to study and how the majority of schools in the state do it in term 3. Of course if there is a for, there will always be people against who are arguing that they want to keep it this way in order to gain more time to study for HSC. I personally like the idea cause i think by studying for trials, you're ultimately setting yourself up for HSC as trials are pretty much the same thing as HSC, but just weighted less and not as grand as the HSC. Also, I like the prospect of having less content to learn after trials so that i can reduce the stress a little.

Idk, my team and i are ultimately the one's that have to bring it up with the principal and don't know what to do.
Thoughts?

astroman

HSC
I think doing trials earlier is better, that way you get yourself into a good study habit early, and once the trials are done you will be exhausted, from then on you take a few days doing nothing, every one does it, and if you can do this earlier you will not waste vital time unlike if you did that close to the HSC. Basically the closer you progress towards HSC, the less time you have to bludge. So get trials done earlier, rest a bit and increase your study over time in preparation for HSC.

keepLooking

HSC
Whilst doing early trials may be beneficial in some way, most of the subjects may not have finished all the topics so you may not be able to be tested on the topics that haven't been taught. Try to push it at least to the end of Term 2 is what I recommend.

astroman

HSC
Whilst doing early trials may be beneficial in some way, most of the subjects may not have finished all the topics so you may not be able to be tested on the topics that haven't been taught. Try to push it at least to the end of Term 2 is what I recommend.
That would be better for student's, less content means less revision :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)