Trip meter records instead of odometer in learner logbook! (1 Viewer)

spicy

HSC
Hey there guys,

I've pretty much completed my Vicroads 120 hour log book. EXCEPT FOR ONE PROBLEM!

In the odometer column I've put down the TRIP METER recordings instead of odometer. The car I drove is a Honda Accord Euro, which uses electronic readers. Only the trip meter is displayed and I did not bother trying to get into the odometer.

What are the odds that my entire logbook will be rejected?

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Yeah, call them. If it's all like that you'd probably have a better chance than if it's a mixture of odometer/trip meter readings.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I think they want people to use odometer so it's harder to make up.

Which works I guess, I had to think about my sisters before filling it in for her.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Google maps is good for estimating KMs. Have you called yet OP? I'm interested in hearing their response.

spicy

HSC
Okay so I called up today.

Took a while to get through to an operator, but basically what he said was that according to the official guidelines, trip meter readings aren't accepted.

He told me I could try go to a VicRoads office and see if I can talk to an inspector but other than that I'd have to get a new logbook.

I'm heading up to an office tomorrow to get a book, and perhaps ask an inspector while I'm there.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
unlucky, lesson learned
at least you can pick (estimate) a starting point then do some maths and fill it all back out reasonably easy

spicy

HSC
Yeah what I'm thinking is just backtrack from the current odometer.

Simple maths. I'll just lock myself in a room with nothing but a pen, logbook and calculator and pump it out in an hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)