Trojan virus you say? Damn. (1 Viewer)

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
So, stupid me doesn't have virus software on her computer.

Now I've done a free scan from the internet, and been told I have two trojan viruses, and some other stupid thing called w32.pinfi. I don't understand! I just use my computer - I don't know anything about it... Do I really have to download antivirus software to get rid of these damn things? Or is there a way to get rid of it myself? Of course, I'd probably ruin my computer in the first place...

...help...me? :(

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by iambored
what are trojan viruses?
Trojans, well now now... i have no idea about that gay trojan story about hiding in the stomach, but the creaters of trojans built the virus around this story. Anyways trojans are the "kiddie" method of obtaining full remote access to a users PC, it has the ability when executed to duplicate itself and rename itself. Once this trojan is executed on your computer your computer is vulnerable to attacks, unless you got a firewall. The trojan acts as the server, and it creates the connection between the victims PC and yours so that you can use a client tool that comes with the actual trojan and remotely control the users desktop, obtain passwords, see what they're doing, delete files on their PC, etc... Trojans are normally hidden beneath Executable files, files with the extension exe. They normally can bind with an applicatin for example someone sent you a small game via e-mail it may very well be binded with a trojan, but the game still works to lower suspicion, just all in all never ever open attachments from unreliable sources, and also never recieve files over Instant Messenging unless you know the person sending you the file is trustworthy, furthermore regularly update your virus definitions via Live Update for Norton AV users, and do progressive scans per week. and Scan files you download. Other than that, visit www.symantec.com a bit more often for the latest threats in the virus scene.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
and trojans are highly illegal, someone i know was cautioned by their isp for playing around with sub7, lol

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by copious
haha sub 7, back i n the 90's.
LMAO yerrr...

"melt the server" lol that sound so cool make then haha

tempco

HSC
Are you looking for one that you can download for free? or a free scan online? Trend Microsystems is a good one... I've been using that for a while.

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
shouldn't you really buy some antivirus software that updates on a regular basis? to prevent all the exciting innovative but awful NEW viruses? :)

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
yr giggling because i am not a linux freak and because i PAY FOR ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE THAT WORKS??(occasionally)

well okay.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
Pay?
*looks around*
Yeh I pay.
:rolleyes:

At least pay for music/albums, or DVDs.

Record/music industry, as well as the film industry deserve something... maybe not the monopolistic (made up the word?) software companies who already dominate the market, but the little (aussie) battlers trying to start a career for themselves in the acting or music industry.

:)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
yeah, in response to the question, yeah, i think that u should go and buy an antivirus/firewall program (i recommend norton internet security)....well thats what i did, when i got a virus attack not too long ago. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)