True Detective (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Anyone here watch the series? If so, what are your thoughts.

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT. Do not read on if you plan on watching the series.

enoilgam

HSC
Personally, I thought it was amazing. I really liked how the final episode focused more on the characters as opposed to simply rounding off the intricate story. I kind of expected the episode to simply be a "mystery solved, the bad guy is caught" type thing, but I was surprised (in a good way), that it seemed to focus on rounding off the character arcs and relationship between Rusty and Marty.

I cant wait for season 2, but honestly if HBO makes us wait for a couple years...

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Personally, I thought it was amazing. I really liked how the final episode focused more on the characters as opposed to simply rounding off the intricate story. I kind of expected the episode to simply be a "mystery solved, the bad guy is caught" type thing, but I was surprised (in a good way), that it seemed to focus on rounding off the character arcs and relationship between Rusty and Marty.

I cant wait for season 2, but honestly if HBO makes us wait for a couple years...
season 2 will have different characters/actors etc. de to the anthology format of the series so it will be interesting how they follow on in terms of quality/tone and so forth in the next season, the performances from the first season will be very difficult to match in terms of awesomeness

enoilgam

HSC
season 2 will have different characters/actors etc. de to the anthology format of the series so it will be interesting how they follow on in terms of quality/tone and so forth in the next season, the performances from the first season will be very difficult to match in terms of awesomeness
That's why I'm super interested to see it - given how good season 1 was, I wonder what angle they will go with for the second.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)