tsk, tsk, tsk mathematics extension (1 Viewer)

Kameleon

HSC
N/A
if u stuffed it up dont go around complaining and moaning coz its useless. i reckon 'i had consecutive exams' is a coppout, c'mon we had all year to study and on top of that a 2 week holiday before the first exam. its just really lame if u go around complaining about that stuff, considering the amount of time and preparation we've had, so yeah. anyways i did decent for maths extension, but then again i have a spare unit i stuff it up lol. gl for future exams.

twilight1412

HSC
dw about him sonic he's being slack

you know people do feel extra stress when they have multiple exams in a row =P
because these ARE the exams which supposedly determine YOUR FUTURE!!!

not like its a big deal and all you know >_>

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Kameleon said:
if u stuffed it up dont go around complaining and moaning coz its useless. i reckon 'i had consecutive exams' is a coppout, c'mon we had all year to study and on top of that a 2 week holiday before the first exam. its just really lame if u go around complaining about that stuff, considering the amount of time and preparation we've had, so yeah. anyways i did decent for maths extension, but then again i have a spare unit i stuff it up lol. gl for future exams.
People can complain as much as they want.

Everyone works differently. Some can handle one test after the other and some others can't. Even those who are 110% ready, stress. It's normal.

stewmazza

HSC
Kameleon said:
i don't know where you get your facts from Kameleon but again you are wrong and heres why.
scaling is the process by which the weaker students are adjusted, (meaning their marks of course lol! :), not the students themselves), so that they are scaled to a higher mark. It does not involve "stress" or a "two week holiday", it is more to do with averages and evening it out for everyone. hope that helps lol! :)

HSC
lol let people complain if they want...
it is what us teenagers do :p

hope you all don't feel to bad about it!! exams are just exams XD

twilight1412

HSC
MortImmortelle said:
lol let people complain if they want...
it is what us teenagers do :p

hope you all don't feel to bad about it!! exams are just exams XD
all i can say is ... LOL =)
im pretty sure i dont stress that much
infact im pretty sure this is the most laid back grade ive ever seen =S

pyrrha

resident fury
HSC
N/A
stewmazza said:
i don't know where you get your facts from Kameleon but again you are wrong and heres why.
scaling is the process by which the weaker students are adjusted, (meaning their marks of course lol! :), not the students themselves), so that they are scaled to a higher mark. It does not involve "stress" or a "two week holiday", it is more to do with averages and evening it out for everyone. hope that helps lol! :)
Stewmazza, that's only half the story. Scaling tends to have one of two effects:
* the mean tends to increase (although sometimes not)
* the standard deviation is adjusted to even out the state for the difficulty level of the subject being studied

Even the top students tend to get boosted in subjects such as Maths Extensions 1 and 2. Lower subjects such as Standard English may have virtually no scaling whatsoever.

Importantly, scaling does not only benefit the weaker students. I'd argue that if you score below 20% in an exam that you don't deserve to be scaled at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)