Turning a short story into a speech (1 Viewer)

Kieran95

HSC
I'm guessing most people probably have a short story down pat and now with the BOS cracking down on memorised responses it seems logical that they make the creative writing a speech. If so, what do you think is the best way of turning my short story into a speech? (p.s i'm not going to ditch my story)

jessm10

HSC
N/A
if that happens , i will be using good morning at the start and thanks for listening at the end of my short story haha

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Don't use good morning at the start, it's probably the most unoriginal way to start a speech. Open it up with a quote, rhetorical question, or anything that can grab an audience's attention.

As for conversion of a short story into a speech, turn it into a reflective anecdote and talk about its impact on you or something. The important thing is to keep your audience entertained the whole way.

enoilgam

HSC
Don't use good morning at the start, it's probably the most unoriginal way to start a speech. Open it up with a quote, rhetorical question, or anything that can grab an audience's attention.

As for conversion of a short story into a speech, turn it into a reflective anecdote and talk about its impact on you or something. The important thing is to keep your audience entertained the whole way.
I was absolutely terrible at short stories, but this is what I did on my trials when a speech did come up. But I guess, since mine was already in first person, it was much easier to convert into a speech format.

osak23

HSC
N/A
how do you know BOS mark down for memorised stories???

*crack

Last edited:

kaurnitasha

HSC
Start off by adressing audience or a rhetorical question and use first person. I seriously hope that does not happen though! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)