Tute satisfaction (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
So who here is satisfied/happy with their tute groups. Both the students and the tutor?

Me personally, im shitty with all three subjects! They are crap crap crap. The people hardly speak, you can tell like none of them have an opinion that they will voice hence no interesting arguments and the tutors aren't, how should i say it, 'cool' enough? (as pathetic as that sounds). For my subjects i need tutors who are enthusiastic, loud, will spark good discussion, make jokes, not care to give their opinion even if it offends anyone. It sucks. They are quiet and introverted and juts it there waiting for someone to speak and if they dont, they just ask more questions. Damn it! Sucks to be me for the next 3 months. There goes my enjoyment of the subjects. Man cul204 could have been awesome with the right tutor and a better class!!!!

Share your frustrations here...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
All mine seem to be pretty good, we got a good mix of people who are creative and fun enough to keep things interesting.

MAS208 is a bit overcrowded, I might have a look at changing on that.

HSC
N/A
All my classes are overcrowded, but since it's at such a convenient time I'd rather stay and not have to come into uni another day...! :)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
My Media tutorial (MAS104) is a little dull - my tutor is smart but, you never know when you can interject or if he would get angry or not. The room is stifling so I guess that doesn't help either - maybe if the room was air conditioned, he would be happier, we would be happier - it is so awkward sitting in silence for an hour when you know you should be talking and creating discussion/debate and participating in others - but they never happen in MAS104 :(

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I've only had tutes for my ACCG subjects. One of which has a good tutor and students. One of which was my PAL tutor in ACCG100. She is just overly excited.
The other one has problems with communicating, both with tutor and some students. But should be alright nonetheless. It has got some really intellectual people in it, which is excellent.

Awaiting for DEM127 tute this week. I think it will be more of a relaxed chit-chat sort of thing.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I guess i took my tutes for last yr for granted, because this year it isn't all that great! For my ling248 tute, there is this stupid american girl who always makes stupid useless comments in class and, omg, she is sooo annoying!!! i don't really like my cul100 tute either - my tutor is quite strict and has a horrible italian accent! And my engl120 class only has six students, so yeh, that class is pretty boring too.

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
So who here is satisfied/happy with their tute groups. Both the students and the tutor?

Me personally, im shitty with all three subjects! They are crap crap crap. The people hardly speak, you can tell like none of them have an opinion that they will voice hence no interesting arguments and the tutors aren't, how should i say it, 'cool' enough? (as pathetic as that sounds). For my subjects i need tutors who are enthusiastic, loud, will spark good discussion, make jokes, not care to give their opinion even if it offends anyone. It sucks. They are quiet and introverted and juts it there waiting for someone to speak and if they dont, they just ask more questions. Damn it! Sucks to be me for the next 3 months. There goes my enjoyment of the subjects. Man cul204 could have been awesome with the right tutor and a better class!!!!

Share your frustrations here...
Yeah I had this problem last year and this year Im not puttin up with it... I hate crap tutors..

I just had my bba207 tute and I love his teaching style, he was full trying to include everyone in the discussion and all... and he was very enthusiastic. One problem! I can't understand him!! Literally! He has a VERY strong indian accent and I had to full strain my ears to understand what he was trying to say!

So i changed tutes just then (same time just different room).

Plus the only lively person that I would love to have a discussion with is someone else I cannot understand, due to their very strong indian accent and soft spoken voice. It's very disheartening...

His job was to critique our argument and he did that but he said it really softly and with this very very heavy accent and so i said "hang on, so your trying to say....?" and he repeated it and again i tried extra hard to understand him and i just gotfrustrated and said "so what are u saying?!" :( im such a bitch, i seriously did not mean to say it so aggressively, i must've seemed like such a bitch :(

I love lively discussions and I love talking but I like having people respond and most importantly I love people that I can understand. See in BBA111 last year it was okay to have people that you couldn't quite understand because I had a tutor who would rephrase what they would say... but having a tutor that I can't understand, its just going to kill me!

Hence I have changed tutes!

Anyone else doing the BBA207 tute on a friday?

CieL

HSC
Well.. my first tute was at ACST101.. Davis N.. I think he was fully nervous.. his hands were shaking when he was passing us papers X] Made friends with one of the early birds.. we were first two people waiting outside ahahhahah

STAT170 Prac, had Chris.. all I learnt was that I could not turn up to class and he wouldn't have a clue.. Made friends with someone who did a whole year at TAFE on Excel - SCORE!

STAT170 Tute, Had Yui.. her accent is pretty hard to understand at times.. but the students are friendly

PSY104 - Kevin.. I thought he was one of us (undergrad student) - he was sitting at the table with all the other students - until he suddenly started introducing himself and I learnt he was doing his PhD.. and I also realised I butted in and nearly took over his class before it started *whoops*

Every tute people contribute and they're pretty open and friendly.. so are the tutors..

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Stat170 tutor is alright. Seems a bit hard-faced, though.

Educ105 tutor is awesome. She's a primary school teacher and really animated.

Psy104 tutor seems like she's afraid to interact with us. I don't think she's taken many tutes before, so hopefully she'll loosen up a little.

The classes are generally made up of a good mix of people, which I can sort of appreciate.

buddys

HSC
CieL said:
Well.. my first tute was at ACST101.. Davis N.. I think he was fully nervous.. his hands were shaking when he was passing us papers X] Made friends with one of the early birds.. we were first two people waiting outside ahahhahah

STAT170 Prac, had Chris.. all I learnt was that I could not turn up to class and he wouldn't have a clue.. Made friends with someone who did a whole year at TAFE on Excel - SCORE!

STAT170 Tute, Had Yui.. her accent is pretty hard to understand at times.. but the students are friendly

PSY104 - Kevin.. I thought he was one of us (undergrad student) - he was sitting at the table with all the other students - until he suddenly started introducing himself and I learnt he was doing his PhD.. and I also realised I butted in and nearly took over his class before it started *whoops*

Every tute people contribute and they're pretty open and friendly.. so are the tutors..
i had Yui as STAT170 tutor last semester.....it is pretty hard to understand her some times but she breaks everything down and makes the work really easy to understand ( i thought) :)

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
All my classes are overcrowded, but since it's at such a convenient time I'd rather stay and not have to come into uni another day...! :)
Yeah, so were mine. I got in an argument on Wednesday with my AHST261 tutor about who should be immediately moved from the class.

He basically said that people who there the previous week should be allowed to stay because they bothered to come in the first tute and had arranged group-work groups. I told him that he was wrong and that the students actually enrolled in the class were the ones who should stay. Yay, my tutor hates me, and it's not even week 3. :rolleyes:

People just rocking up to tutes on a whim, when the tutes are clearly full, is so goddamned annoying. *shakes fist*

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
ACCG tutors (for me so far I guess) just arrive, and start putting up the slides for answers or questions or both. AND they take em off too fast. So all action no talk. Students mostly dont understand what they say, and they dont understand us. All good.

though my BuSL250 tutor is some old woman, very quaint, rainbow coloured socks, at least she has character =D , I dont think personality is a neccessary to become an ACCG tutor, or any character at all :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Totally unrelated but im having too much fun doing assignments :(

*hugs music and multimedia*

(yes this post is evidence....composing music and setting up sites and blogs woo!)

CieL

HSC
buddys said:
i had Yui as STAT170 tutor last semester.....it is pretty hard to understand her some times but she breaks everything down and makes the work really easy to understand ( i thought) :)
Well believe it or not..

There was some guy in my class who believed (and still does) "zero" is smaller than "negative 11.44"

H?

buddy
HSC
only had two tutes so far (ECON110 starts next week)

STAT170 tute - have got Peter I think - not bad.

ACCG201 - have got Alexandra, pretty good, but sometimes the baltic accent is a little hard to decipher.

STAT170 prac is kinda pointless, as I've done too much Excel work in previous studies. I'll skip it I think, and it means I have a late start on Thursdays, yay!

lmnopq

HSC
My stat 170 tutor was a nightmare... literally! I think his name is Mat Mcsomething... he was trying to make jokes about people who dont turn up to tutes, saying that they are the ones who take drugs and brag about it... he was totally not funny and i was disgusted by him. I think the general attitude of the class about 5 mins into the lesson was WE AINT EVER COMING 2 THIS TUTE! On a brighter note, i changed my class because quite frankly i need a good tutor and i need to go to classes, my mathematical ability SUCKS.

My stat prac was ok i guess... i have no idea who the tutor was because there were two people giving the lesson. If you would call it a lesson... it was a total bludge, she didn't explain anything properly and half the class left halfway through the prac...

I haven't met my psyc tutor yet... but his name is Paul Wagland or something.. we had a sub, this girl from India. She was really cute, i wish she was my tutor for real..

X

xeuyrawp

lmnopq said:
My stat 170 tutor was a nightmare... literally! I think his name is Mat Mcsomething... he was trying to make jokes about people who dont turn up to tutes, saying that they are the ones who take drugs and brag about it... he was totally not funny and i was disgusted by him. I think the general attitude of the class about 5 mins into the lesson was WE AINT EVER COMING 2 THIS TUTE!
That sounds really bad...

On a brighter note, i changed my class because quite frankly i need a good tutor and i need to go to classes,
Good choice. I say that if you don't like your tutor, change classes.

Phanatic

HSC
My tutor is awesome! He's so funny, witty, intellegent and engaging.

Oh wait, I forgot, I am the tutor. Silly me. The above still stands though. ;)

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
*poaches*

If you are confused by your tutor, should you see a lecturer or course convenor or someone? I feel so awkward - I don't want to get on the bad side of anyone - especially people giving me marks -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)