Tutoring? (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Can anyone tell me if there is any point getting an English tutor. Im not crap at it, its just my teacher is kinda vague at times and we don't get much feedback. I was just wondering if anyone has one for Advanced English and whether they're worthwhile?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
nup. i don't recommend tutor unless ur teacher is crap
Neither do I, but "vague at times" and "little feedback" suggest that Year12 has lost confidence in the teacher.

I suggest getting a tutor if you're worried, if you find you don't need one you can always stop. HSC English is confusing and feedback is essential. I got diffrent opinions within my own school's end dep.

Rahul

Dead Member
i am in the same situation as year 12. the teacher i have is not as good as the one i had last year, also the beginning term of yr 12(term4 '02). actually the new one is nothin compared to our teacher b4. so me and a few of my frends mite be gettin sum tutoring off our old teacher.

bobo123

HSC
whats a good english tutoring place?

i've been to like 5 different ones and none of them are decent

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by bobo123
whats a good english tutoring place?

i've been to like 5 different ones and none of them are decent
my house. i'll tutor u
just joking:D

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I mean I love my teacher she is sort of like a big sis at times but as a TEACHER, I dunno, is sort of far away and doesn't tell us what we are doing right/wrong when she marks our work just gives us a mark and thats it, and Id like someone (preferably someone who is teaching at the moment) to be able to do that for me.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Feel like paying me? I'll tutor you :p

Probably what you need to figure out is what aspect of the syllabus you don't understand or need assistance with.. if it's theory (the cuorse material), you may be able to work on it by talking with friends or whatever (rather than paying $20+/hr for the same thing). If it's something more complex, such as vocabulary or structuring essays, a tutor might be able to help. Look for one who's willing to adapt to YOUR understanding of the syllabus, rather than someone who's just shovelling the same crap at you that your teacher is!

phunky

hey,
i got 2 terms of english tutoring just cos my teacher wasn't exactly the best and I never got much attention in class. I live in castle hill, and got tutoring from North Shore, which was held at my high school on Sat mornings. there was about 6 of us in a class, it was excellent, and the course we did for change was great. you should try them out if ur interested. I believe North Shore has a few different centers for turtoring on Saturdays. :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by phunky
hey,
i got 2 terms of english tutoring just cos my teacher wasn't exactly the best and I never got much attention in class. I live in castle hill, and got tutoring from North Shore, which was held at my high school on Sat mornings. there was about 6 of us in a class, it was excellent, and the course we did for change was great. you should try them out if ur interested. I believe North Shore has a few different centers for turtoring on Saturdays. :)
Yes, the main centre is in Chatswood
north shore is realli good for english i reckon, but I've never gone there - I acquired their notes off someone and they were better than them Excel study guides for individual texts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)