TV Rock suck donkey balls (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Did anyone see the ARIAs last night, what the fuck was that pretentious cunt Seany B telling ppl to shake what they mama gave them? (in his obviously real American accent). Their brand of house music is lackluster and cheap, obviously not made by musicians as they are just DJs, just with a really cheap bass line.

I miss the golden days of Progressive House such as Daft Punk and Madison Avenue, We have to suffer having Flaunt It as last years highest selling single forever now. Yeeuch.

HSC
and i'd like to know how the hell that song beat the presets in the dance category. the arias are fucked, it's just about who's got the most commercial recognition in the past year as opposed to the quality of their music.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Their quality definately is non-existant just to sacrifice making the most pretentious and slutty house songs. Remixes are crap too, theres no way you can fix up shit like that.

A

adamsaclown

I agree. the presets are pretty cool. as are daft punk. TV Rock? :mad1:

otay

HSC
I was spewin at that too. Fuckn rigged. Presets and Sneaky were up for that award. Fuck off TV Rock. If it were me tho, Midnight Juggernauts 'shadows' woulda got it. Random floating things in videos are awesome + insanely awesome song.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Oh God, TV Rock new song Bimbo Nation just resamples most of their stuff from Flaunt It with some annoying bitch rapping. DJs aren't musicians and should learn how to play an instrument or at least read music before thinking they can make a career out of it.

Some_Guy

HSC
ihavenothing said:
Oh God, TV Rock new song Bimbo Nation just resamples most of their stuff from Flaunt It with some annoying bitch rapping. DJs aren't musicians and should learn how to play an instrument or at least read music before thinking they can make a career out of it.
smartest thing ive heard you say

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
Sampling and DJ'ing is quite a valid form of musicianship.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
ihavenothing said:
DJs aren't musicians and should learn how to play an instrument or at least read music before thinking they can make a career out of it.
No.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The re-composition of various songs, into a new one is one form of composition. What constitutes a musician? Someone who is able to produce music? Or we taking the classical elitist view of it as someone who has to play an instrument? In which case what about vocalists? What differs from the skills needed to play an instrument from the skills needed to DJ ?

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Trust me. I'm now a DJ but I'm a musician first, I did Music 2 for my HSC and played piano and did musicianship for 13 years. Most DJs I know have office jobs, a lot of which who base their sets on whatever Central Station Records recommends them. I agree that sampling can be part of composition but obviously when they want to branch out to be "producers" many of them haven't a clue how to go on about their business. This is why I admire artists such as Sash!, Daft Punk, ATB who have a classical upbringing and listened to all styles of music and understand music theory which includes tonality not just rhythm.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Nahh, I don't trust you:rolleyes:

So basically, you know what "real" music is and we don't because you're a DJ now and you did Music 2 for your HSC? Wait a minute - Dannii Minogue doesn't play an instument, does she?

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
No but she has great mixes. I am just pissed off with the current state of house music being tedious and nearly as bad as the Idol get famous fast concept when hardly anyone these days sticks around.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
Trust me. I'm now a DJ but I'm a musician first, I did Music 2 for my HSC and played piano and did musicianship for 13 years. Most DJs I know have office jobs, a lot of which who base their sets on whatever Central Station Records recommends them. I agree that sampling can be part of composition but obviously when they want to branch out to be "producers" many of them haven't a clue how to go on about their business. This is why I admire artists such as Sash!, Daft Punk, ATB who have a classical upbringing and listened to all styles of music and understand music theory which includes tonality not just rhythm.
How bout you keep pulling it and I'll laugh at the pitiful response :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)