• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Twelfth Night (1 Viewer)

mikz27

HSC
N/A
hello!
After months of procrastinating and deciding about Design Costume, I finally chose Twelfth Night. And I was wondering is anyone else doing it as well? If so would you like to share with me how your going to approach the designs?
Do you think Shakespeare will be difficult to have original, innovative designs?

sarahxx

zapmaa
HSC
hey
i chose the twelfth night too
im doing poster design
im doing it in modern context

i dont think it would be hard to do that eiter
you can pick any time period you like
you just have to explain why you did in you log book
did u happen to see the twelfth night costume design at on stage?
they wernt from the period the play was set in they were VERY VERY good tho

kristie87

HSC
Yo, im doing Twelfth Night for Promotion and Program too.

It wont be difficult to have original and innovative design ideas if you've worked out how you want to approach the whole situation. Basically, it doesn't matter how you interpret or represent the play, because, after all YOU are the director in regards to how you want this to turn out. As long as you can substantiate and back up how and why you did exactly what you did (in your logbook and stuff) then you'll be fine.

And yeh, sarah mentioned the Twelfth Night designs at Onstage this year...they were really good and original. you should have a squiz @ them somehow, if you can or if you didn't see them at Onstage. they might inspire you or at least give you some insight into how you could approach the design concept and whatnot.

Gummy_bear

HSC
hey, im doing costume too.
at first i wanted to make the costumes contemporary and 'slick', but now ive decided to change it and make them more elizabethan, but not too much, just sort of a simplistic approach to it.
what characters have you decided to do? im doing olivia, feste (fool), maria and viola as cesario. ive done viola fully, but am now changing olivia to be more elizabethan, ive got a basic concept for feste, but am still working on it. and maria? im trying to get as many pics of maids as i can, so i can get a better idea of what i truely want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)