Two Degrees (1 Viewer)

shortie_689

HSC
Is it possible for me to do two university degrees next year being a first year student for both...
U see I want to go to UTS for nursin and do clinical practice by distance education at charles sturt university is that possible and would the work load be HUGE...

ohne

HSC
Yes you can although I would not recommend studying two full-time degrees concurrently. The workload would be very severe. I think a better option might be to complete one and then the other.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

ohne said:
Yes you can although I would not recommend studying two full-time degrees concurrently. The workload would be very severe. I think a better option might be to complete one and then the other.
Yes, or do one part time.

Either way, don't do it first semester of first year- give yourself a sem or two to figure out your work ability. Uni is very different to school.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that's fucking stupid. you're paying through the roof. and u have practically the same chance of getting a job as someone with a single degree + honours.
Like Donald Trump said "You have two degrees and are into your third. You need to get out there. Education doesn't teach you everthing. You're fucking fired, clean out your locker at the boat house"

X

xeuyrawp

1Time4thePpl said:
Like Donald Trump said "You have two degrees and are into your third. You need to get out there. Education doesn't teach you everthing. You're fucking fired, clean out your locker at the boat house"
He said 'fucking'?

wanton-wonton

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
that's fucking stupid. you're paying through the roof. and u have practically the same chance of getting a job as someone with a single degree + honours.
Why is it stupid? There are more people who look up to certain individuals because they are bright than people who look down on them because they have no social life. If they gain satisfaction out of being educated, that's their own "issue", none of yours. As long as they're doing what they please, who the hell are you to say they're stupid?

Maybe they're more time efficient than you are? Maybe they spend their time on something worthwhile, whatever it is, rather than getting pissed whereas you may find enjoyment in being so "social" by coming on to this board and brag on about how you are the world's biggest sexpert. *By the way, I'm just being a dickhead. :)

And what makes you think they don't make money or have a job? They may be equally, if not more, sucessful than the businessmen you see on the streets.

Why are you so easily swayed by words of Donald Trump? What, because he's rich and you respect him because he's rich? Would you have taken more note of it if it was Einstein or any other intellects? I really doubt it.

You, sir, are a dead set stupid idiot.

Having said that, I agree with Donald Trump to an extent and I only plan on getting one degree, unless I become ultra-intelligent, in which case I may consider two. It's unlikely.

X

xeuyrawp

wanton-wonton said:
Why is it stupid? There are more people who look up to certain individuals because they are bright than people who look down on them because they have no social life. If they gain satisfaction out of being educated, that's their own "issue", none of yours. As long as they're doing what they please, who the hell are you to say they're stupid?

Maybe they're more time efficient than you are? Maybe they spend their time on something worthwhile, whatever it is, rather than getting pissed whereas you may find enjoyment in being so "social" by coming on to this board and brag on about how you are the world's biggest sexpert. *By the way, I'm just being a dickhead. :)

And what makes you think they don't make money or have a job? They may be equally, if not more, sucessful than the businessmen you see on the streets.

Why are you so easily swayed by words of Donald Trump? What, because he's rich and you respect him because he's rich? Would you have taken more note of it if it was Einstein or any other intellects? I really doubt it.

Having said that, I agree with Donald Trump to an extent and I only plan on getting one degree, unless I become ultra-intelligent, in which case I may consider two. It's unlikely.

I don't think I've ever seen you say anything constructive, let alone something as constructive as that.

Wanton's totally right, and there's another point to consider which is that some people don't get degrees to get jobs.

My honours thesis won't help me in the Barrister profession, but I'll still do it because it's rewarding. Furthermore, if I find by that point that Egyptology calls too much, I'll be doing my PhD and then maybe go to the bar from there.

Some people have fun doing degrees, I know I do- if you don't, maybe you should be reconsidering your career path?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wanton-wonton said:

Hhahahhahahahahh you bolded coming! I love doing that. And I wholeheartedly believe in education. But employees do favour extracirc activities. I've spoken to many employees.
It's stupid because it costs a shitload of money. Money for texts, union fees, HECS etc. You also won't maintain a high average with this workload.
And I do believe a social life is important. You need to experience the world in order to work in it.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I think its a matter of coping.. if u think u cant then no point risking it...

Lots of ppl do 2 degrees at onces... lik at separate unis

Clinical Practice and Nursing arent exactly easy courses either so u might just be wasting ure time esp if u end up flunking topics... and u do end up sacrificing a lot of time

if u kno the risks then i think go for it..
also.. if ure an 04er..have u been to uni yet? cos if u havent.. uni work is not lik school at all :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I would personally love to do two degrees. There is so damn much that I'm interested in.
I would take things like:
anthropology
Biology
psychology
political economy
economics
marketing
art history
english
philosophy
sociology
industrial relations/hrm
management

the list goes on and on and on and on and on...

I love degrees. I really love going to uni. Anyone who knows me will agree. I'm a big uni-nerd. BUT it is silly to do 2 degrees at the same time, let alone three!

wanton-wonton

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
Hhahahhahahahahh you bolded coming! I love doing that. And I wholeheartedly believe in education. But employees do favour extracirc activities. I've spoken to many employees.
It's stupid because it costs a shitload of money. Money for texts, union fees, HECS etc. You also won't maintain a high average with this workload.
And I do believe a social life is important. You need to experience the world in order to work in it.
Yeah I thought you'd recognise the pun. :) It's nothing personal, I just felt like being a dickhead. :) Because my trials are almost over.

Although I must disagree when you say
1Time4thePpl said:
You also won't maintain a high average with this workload.
Take this for example, a guy in my school completed Modern History last year, as an accelerated student, got 94. I don't know if he's pleased with that or not, but regardless, he only needs to do 8 units. Instead, he's not doing 8 units, nor 10, but 12 units, because he enjoys it, and I assure you he's doing great in all his subjects. Let's not talk about the social-aspect of this, but doing more subjects doesn't necessarily mean a lower average. Instead, doing less subjects would mean you have more free time which in turn means wasting time..like what I'm doing now.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
Yeah I thought you'd recognise the pun. :) It's nothing personal, I just felt like being a dickhead. :) Because my trials are almost over.
oh that's oarsome!!!! I remember the day i finished trials. I was depressed cos i fucked it up. Have a big night after ure final exam

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
I would personally love to do two degrees. There is so damn much that I'm interested in.
I would take things like:
anthropology
Biology
psychology
political economy
economics
marketing
art history
english
philosophy
sociology
industrial relations/hrm
management

the list goes on and on and on and on and on...

I love degrees. I really love going to uni. Anyone who knows me will agree. I'm a big uni-nerd. BUT it is silly to do 2 degrees at the same time, let alone three!
yeah im the same...

Im taking a double/combined honours but doing it with a yr off instead of concurrent cos i want to maximise my time to do the research :)

I would hav love to have done comp sci, actuary or business too.. but im goin to wait.. till after i graduate to think about it

santaslayer

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
yeah im the same...

Im taking a double/combined honours but doing it with a yr off instead of concurrent cos i want to maximise my time to do the research :)

I would hav love to have done comp sci, actuary or business too.. but im goin to wait.. till after i graduate to think about it
Yes, your nickname matches you a lot.

Combined honours?

Med and what?
Clinical Nursing?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Medical Science and Medicine
its a stupid name the faculty came up with ..
cos MBBS (hons) no longer exists..

so i get a MBBS BMedSc (hons).. hence combined..
its hopefully in anaesthetics.. i got the approval for later now i decide how long to take it in.. and how to fund it all

X

xeuyrawp

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
hopefully in anaesthetics.
After having a few operations and seeing how much anaesthesists get paid, you're probably heading toward the right profession :p,

Also, it's a good party trick if there're gate crashers- "here, let me give yout this..."

santaslayer

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
Medical Science and Medicine
its a stupid name the faculty came up with ..
cos MBBS (hons) no longer exists..

so i get a MBBS BMedSc (hons).. hence combined..
its hopefully in anaesthetics.. i got the approval for later now i decide how long to take it in.. and how to fund it all
oh wow...

i guess ur at uni pretty much 24/7 then...

all the work in med...
topped with a lotta lab work in med science...

and yes, anaesthetics is sexy...:p

I have no idea, but it seems that they do less...as i said, i have nfi...
it seems to be pretty cool...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)