• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

U Week (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

Union Week is coming in week 3. For those of you who don't know about U Week, it is a week where the Union shows you all of the services that it offers students (food and retail, volunteering, events, etc) and packs in a bunch of freebies, deals and special events. Included are special voucher books with over $120 of savings (e.g. chips for $1, half price photocopying, free fairy floss, a kebab and water for $4.50, and more), special events (bands playing on the library lawn each lunch time, air guitar comp, free screening of Team America, the charity sleepover and more), plus lots of other cool and free stuff.

If you want more info, grab one of the yellow voucher booklets (there are 10,000 all over campus, plus another 5,000 being given out by U Week volunteers), go to the Union Website or ask one of the U Week volunteers (you can spot them by their bright yellow shirts that say U Week).

U Week is a really fun week, I really encourage you all to get involved in the things that the Union is putting on. I highly recomend the charity sleepover on Wednesday night, there will be free movies, free pool, free arcade games, free coffee and a free bacon and egg breakfast! That's right, free DDR and Daytona, ALL NIGHT!

shafqat

HSC
N/A
The lines are very long, and they keep on running out of stuff.

tempco

HSC
jeez, the $5 SMH deal is awesome. got a hold of that today. :D

and lipton chai tastes... weird.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
nekkid said:
jeez, the $5 SMH deal is awesome. got a hold of that today. :D

and lipton chai tastes... weird.
Yup! use 5 days and you get your money's worth!! w00t~!

I reckon it tasted pretty good.... hmmm... maybe I shouldn't say this.. but the water that they used to boil looked somewhat 'interesting' :p

tempco

HSC
Eagles said:
Yup! use 5 days and you get your money's worth!! w00t~!
meh, i'm not going to uni just to get some discounts. i've gotta maximise my savings tomorrow - last day!

and i didn't taste the blue fairy floss. it was somewhat... intimidating.

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
I'm so volunteering for this again next year.

And i'm now wishing i had stayed at uni for the sleepover. Must be freezing there though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)