UAI of 91.20.. Possible to transfer from DFEE to HECS? (1 Viewer)

HSC
as above. has anyone ever done it. also I do it for the first year and fail, can I try for the subsequent years? Thanks guys!

damn, too late to call the unsw law faculty now!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
uberlovesounds said:
as above. has anyone ever done it. also I do it for the first year and fail, can I try for the subsequent years? Thanks guys!

damn, too late to call the unsw law faculty now!
How did you get into UNSW law with a UAI of 91.2? That's impossible, even for DFEE.

Assuming you are in DFEE UNSW Law, then yes you can apply to transfer to CSP every year, but your chances with 91.2 are very unlikely. You will be competing with other Non-Recent School Leavers and your UAI is considered for 50% of your transfer selection rank. See this guide for more information.

Last edited:
HSC
well i actually got this email from them

Dear xxx,

I assume that you have been successful in obtaining a place via the EAS system? Even with that benefit it will be extremely difficult for you to transfer to a CSP place next year. The requirements change from year to year depending on the other transfer applicants, but as a guide you would need to obtain at least 8 distinctions, and possibly some higher distinctions in your first year to be competitive. Unless you are able/willing to pay DFEE for the full 5 years I would strongly recommend that you consider accepting a CSP place for one year and then applying to transfer.

btw what's the percentage for a distinction and a high distinction? thanks!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
uberlovesounds said:
well i actually got this email from them

Dear xxx,

I assume that you have been successful in obtaining a place via the EAS system? Even with that benefit it will be extremely difficult for you to transfer to a CSP place next year. The requirements change from year to year depending on the other transfer applicants, but as a guide you would need to obtain at least 8 distinctions, and possibly some higher distinctions in your first year to be competitive. Unless you are able/willing to pay DFEE for the full 5 years I would strongly recommend that you consider accepting a CSP place for one year and then applying to transfer.

I'm awfully sorry, I didn't remember you from the other thread! Please accept my apologies. Yes, the EAS that's why.

But yes, they are right about how hard it is concerning the CSP -> DFEE part given your UAI.

gman03

HSC
uberlovesounds said:
75% and 85% respectively

sarevok

HSC
If your EAS will apply to your transfer as well you may have a chance but your first-year results will still have to be excellent.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
uberlovesounds said:
The % doesn't matter so much, it's all about the bell curve. If you want to get a distinction or a high distinction in a law subject at UNSW you'd want to be ranked in the top ~ 20% of students in a particular course. I believe Lazarus has uploaded a table somewhere showing exact numbers for 2006.

Edit: I just read the rest of the thread, heh.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)