Uai (1 Viewer)

NAT

Hi pplz,

can someone help me here, my teachers don't know anything i already asked them maybe someone can tell me

if I'm doing english advanced, general maths, visual arts, pdhpe and biology.

is it possible for me to get like a UAI of 99.95 or if not whats the highest UAI possible even though I'm doing general maths? also is it possible to get this score with these subjects even if all the ppl in yr12 at my school failed miserably in their HSC? would i be marked down heaps because they did really bad even though I did extremely well?

thanks

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
have u tried out the lazyseeker?

i dont fink u can get over 99uai doing general maths and biology. To my knowledge general maths gets capped and biology tends to get scaled down.

liz

HSC
Yeah is it true that if your school does bad you get marked down and by how much??

Morgues

it doesnt matter how the school goes
it matters how the students in each subject go in the HSC but if your coming first in a subject then you wont be affected even if all the other subjects fail in the hsc

and its possible to get 100 UAI with every subject......you just have to do very well compared to the others.......for example if your looking for a 99+ uai and want general maths to come then you really do have to come within the top 5%

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
morgues, how is that possible?
im sure alot of ppl will get 100% in general
so wouldnt they cap general?

Your skool wont pull u down as long as ur near the top. If your close to the top ranks and they do well, they will push u up. If you are too far away from the top, the bad marks will pull u down.

Morgues

just checked the general maths scalings and you really do need to come top 1% I would say in it if your aiming for 99+
The very top marks in the state for general maths got scaled up to around 90 which is very good....

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
serious
omg...

y do ppl bother doing normal 2u maths wen theres general den...
u'd fink 20% of the ppl would get 100%, and if they make general harder, it wont be general anymore

Morgues

well coming top 4.5% in 3 unit and .1% in general will get you the same scaled mark.......you would think its easier to come top 50 or so in general then top 4.5% in 3 unit

do0d

MLht
reason is 2u isnt that hard... well for some ppl :D and also it is somewhat required for quite a few courses
but again if u dont need it no need to do it
however im glad i did it
dunno about the whole scaling thing but if you get in the 5% as in the top 5% then u should get a uai of 95ish give or take 1 or 2
again im not sure but i done some pretty easy subjects, came in 8% and got 92 pretty much

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Malachite, you place too much emphasis on capping - for starters, it didn't even exist in the HSC last year, and there's been no evidence that they'll be introducing it this year. If or when it is introduced, it will only affect a minority of students.

The emphasis should be on alignment and scaling.

Chocolate

I was just wondering...

If I am doing fairly bad in advanced english. ie about 70% but in the HSC I do well say in the 90s how would that effect my assessment mark?

I'm confident of doing a lot better in the HSC then what my assessment mark suggest since I stuffed up but I'm just curious if there is any way my assessment mark could be scaled up alot or even scrapped?

Just some details: top mark is about 90% at the moment and I'm about 20/35 for my rank.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
like wat dood said, the thing is about General vs 2U....anyone (of 3U intellect) would do general if they could coz of the ease, and get like 100, but, there is a reason u do 3U in the first place, for the knowledge required @ uni...like, if u ever read those uni guide stuff, it usually says "General Mathematics is not considered sufficient for entry to the xxxx Faculty @ xxxxx University"

anyway, Chocolate, your assessment marks - forget them,
your moderated assessment is dependant upon your ranking, and how well your cohort of 35 do in the HSC exam
so if the average of your 35 classmates is, say 85, and considering your current ranking, u should get a moderated assesment mark in the mid 80's

sif not 99

yeah Minai your barking up the right tree there dude,

I would so do general if I didn't need 2unit for uni next year

but neways all good no maths wil be calculated in the UAI =)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
dang
u'd fink alotta ppl would exploit the system in doing general, then going into some course that doesnt require maths.

ah well, gotta stick to my 4u, need it for actuary

Chocolate

Hmm.. well to be perfectly honest I think pigs will fly before my cohort get an average in the 80s

I think it would be low 70s

So any thoughts there? I really need at least a band 5 for advanced english..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah same ;)

serious? so u reckon 2U math would be your lowest subject?

dissonance

There's no point to taking general maths if you are going for a uai. Its too much work to just do it for the hell of it and as you guys have said it doesn't fulfill any maths requirements for uni.

So for people like me who would rather do anything than find out what the hell X is equal to......ext.1 and 2 english is much more enjoyable and rewarding (marks and in general) than all the drivel you learn in general maths.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
liz - no, it won't affect you. Make sure you keep your first place ranking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)