UCAT study (1 Viewer)

Scimat

HSC
Hey guys!!

Im in year 10 now and I want to start studying for the ucat. I just have a few qns

1) Is it too early to start now. I obv won’t be doing a lot of study for it every week but will try to study like 2-3 hours a week for it.

2) How should I study for it. What schedule would be sufficient at this stage

3) What resources should I get?

Thank you!!

Leggie

HSC
No it is not too early. Something I reckon you guys should really work on is reading speed now. Trust it will really help. Also, this is a bit unrelated to practicing, but maybe practice on a desktop screen. It will help you to get better used to what the setup is like at the actual centre and so I might help the test taking experience more smooth.

Epicman69

HSC
Hey guys!!

Im in year 10 now and I want to start studying for the ucat. I just have a few qns

1) Is it too early to start now. I obv won’t be doing a lot of study for it every week but will try to study like 2-3 hours a week for it.

Thank you!!
Get Medify, however, I think you will probably run out of questions if you start in year 10 lol. I personally started at the beginning of this year and got myself 3150, which is decent for med applications. I think that the Ucat is a bit luck based as well since everyone gets different questions but I guess you can minimise that by just simply practicing a lot. Also, I think the best thing you should do for the ucat is to brush up on being able to retain a lot of information in a short amount of time or even being good at identifying keywords and key information present in a text (I got really bad for VR lol).

goodcat911

HSC
Hey guys!!

Thank you!!
Hi you can use https://www.ucat.edu.au/prepare/practice-tests/ to get a feel of what types of questions each section has and how you should answer them. In terms of resources, a friend of mine recommended the Kaplan book (https://www.amazon.com.au/Score-Hig...ocphy=9071726&hvtargid=pla-951840720443&psc=1). I will message you if I find a free downloadable pdf version and similar resources.

Scimat

HSC
Get Medify, however, I think you will probably run out of questions if you start in year 10 lol. I personally started at the beginning of this year and got myself 3150, which is decent for med applications. I think that the Ucat is a bit luck based as well since everyone gets different questions but I guess you can minimise that by just simply practicing a lot. Also, I think the best thing you should do for the ucat is to brush up on being able to retain a lot of information in a short amount of time or even being good at identifying keywords and key information present in a text (I got really bad for VR lol).
Do you recommend resources in addition to medify, since you said it may run out by year 12.

goodcat911

HSC

JuanPablo

HSC
It's quite early to start in year 10 - you will most likely burnout! More concentrated revision closer to the exam is what helped me. I used this the ucat preparation guide by TheUKCATPeople to help me plan my revision. Happy to be asked about my plan etc. I scored 3260 last year :)

adi1325

HSC
Hi you can use, to get a feel of what types of questions each section has and how you should answer them. In terms of resources, a friend of mine recommended the Kaplan book. I will message you if I find a free downloadable pdf version and similar resources.
Hey there, did you find a free downloadable pdf by any chance? If so, could you send it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)