Ultimate Guide to First Year Physics (1 Viewer)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I love how this thread has gone from Physics to random-1006 talking shit again and getting slammed.

jamesfirst

HSC
I actually haven't studied since week 3 and I'm on the verge of failing phy1131

all my lab marks and quiz marks are hectic. but I'm worried about my final exam ://

i can only cram now D;

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
What do you mean by "right marker"? how does this work and how do you know who to choose?

D94

HSC
N/A
What do you mean by "right marker"? how does this work and how do you know who to choose?
Some markers are lenient, others are fairly rigid. I received a 7/10 for a lab that wasn't even half finished. Had it been someone else, I probably would have gotten a 4/10.

Some markers deduct for errors in units, others just ask you again to see if you want to correct it, and some just don't care - they just tell you what it is and give you the marks.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Some markers are lenient, others are fairly rigid. I received a 7/10 for a lab that wasn't even half finished. Had it been someone else, I probably would have gotten a 4/10.

Some markers deduct for errors in units, others just ask you again to see if you want to correct it, and some just don't care - they just tell you what it is and give you the marks.
Wow. So your final mark comprises of a portion of how well you can choose the right person to mark (or in group assessments, how well you can choose the right group).

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Wow. So your final mark comprises of a portion of how well you can choose the right person to mark (or in group assessments, how well you can choose the right group).
its not really that, almost all of the time you will get a decent mark if you complete majority of the task (i got above 8/10 for all of mine, it also helps if you're not a dick to the student lab helpers lol)
oh and also get marked before the set time, after that they just rushing through everyone and mark more harshly (and beware of the screaming lady at the lab equipment spot ahahahahah)

D94

HSC
N/A
If you have the correct answers, then no, you will get marks for your correct answers. My scenario was where I didn't have anything written, and I explained the situation and my answers, and they were like, 'okay, sure, I'll give you half a mark here and there'. But if it were someone else, they might have just said, 'you didn't have it written down, so zero marks'.

Most labs will be fine (i.e. no issues getting above 8/10), I just had 1 which my partner and I kept of screwing up, therefore wasting time. Also, if nothing has changed recently, then in order to gain 10/10, you must finish with 20 minutes to go, otherwise, even if you have fully correct answers, if you don't finish in time, the maximum mark you can get is 9/10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)