Umat advice!! (1 Viewer)

SanjoyM

HSC
Hey Guys!!
Hope you are all doing well..

Was wondering if someone could provide some advice as to how to approach the UMAT examination, time management, best ways to approach q's for certain sections (SECTION 3 PLEASE!!) and how to not stress out!!

As you can see, I'm sorta FREAKING out!!
MedStart online exams are increasing is difficulty, i.e. ridiculously difficult!!

So, any inputs and tips would be appreciated!!

Sorry for the various typos this post may contain!!
SAN!

ashtheawesome

HSC
Hey
Yeah I know how you feel. Yeah im in the process of doing the medstart exams and they get harder :(
Don't worry the way i see it is that everyone's on the same boat, time management is super hard for the umat.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
believe in urself and u shall succeed!!!

seriously, its probably too late to do anything now. just stay relaxed, thats the best advice. i know many smart people scored very poorly because they were under a lot of pressure and average people who scored 95+ because they did it for "fun".

mirakon

nigga
HSC
u don't really *have* to study to do well in UMAT. A large part of doing well in it is having a positive and confident attitude on the day :)

Aliyas

HSC
Haha, I have barely studied for UMAT at all. Actually, I haven't studied. At all. It'll freak me out too much if I do. I'll look over a past paper and then I'm just going to go in and do my best. Haha.

SanjoyM

HSC
So, I shall maintain a confident and positive attitude and perform the exam for "fun" :):)
I'm actually excited!! Stepping into Uni - the first step, signifying my transformation from teenager years into adulthood :) (LOL)

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha, I have barely studied for UMAT at all. Actually, I haven't studied. At all. It'll freak me out too much if I do. I'll look over a past paper and then I'm just going to go in and do my best. Haha.
im in the same boat. i have not studied a thing and im hoping for the best on the day

asdfqwerty

HSC
I was planning to do a lot of practice papers but then I didnt wanna sacrifice my trials for it. SO i kinda gave up doing 'one paper a day' and i havent touched umat for the past...1-2 weeks?

Yeh, I'm kinda going in hoping I'll do my best. Dont get me wrong, I want to do well in UMAT but theres a part of me that doesnt wanna sacrifice time that could be used to study for trials so im just kinda 'meh' and hope i do my best tomorrow.

Section 2 should be OK, section 3 should be ok for me as well (hopefully). but section 1 is a shocker for me. anybody have any advice for section 1?

SanjoyM

HSC
I was planning to do a lot of practice papers but then I didnt wanna sacrifice my trials for it. SO i kinda gave up doing 'one paper a day' and i havent touched umat for the past...1-2 weeks?

Yeh, I'm kinda going in hoping I'll do my best. Dont get me wrong, I want to do well in UMAT but theres a part of me that doesnt wanna sacrifice time that could be used to study for trials so im just kinda 'meh' and hope i do my best tomorrow.

Section 2 should be OK, section 3 should be ok for me as well (hopefully). but section 1 is a shocker for me. anybody have any advice for section 1?
Just read each passage carefully (twice if you have adequate time), underline key phrases/words
Try answering the question (if possible) without viewing the possible answer options for questions, such as "what can be most concluded?", "What can you infer from the passage?"

REMEMBER, the question can also state "What cannot be most concluded" - most candidates apparently miss-read the "CANNOT" and answer what can be concluded - so be aware of this!! There are a plethora of questions within Section 1 that specifically impose these types of questions

For logical deductions, draw tables (the names are A,B,C,D deliberately)

Remember, NO-ONE finishes the UMAT examination, so if you do not have sufficient time, guessing would be a viable choice as per my opinion

Also, remember to stay REALED and CALM (should do this myself)
When alternating between sections, forgot about the questions may have not completed or guessed and focus on the next section (For e.g. section 2 requires you to ANALYSE in terms of emotions etc... so be in that minframe)

DRINK LOTS of WATER!! - If you drink lots of water, it aids in better circulation of blood to the brain, thus increasing concentration and ability to comprehend certain q's

LOL!!

For me, Section 3 is the worst!! Section 1 and 2 are AWESOME (LOVE them!!) - Section 2 is best though..
Need to do some drills for Section 3 this evening and complete a paper hopefully :)

Hope it helps!!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Just read each passage carefully (twice if you have adequate time), underline key phrases/words
Try answering the question (if possible) without viewing the possible answer options for questions, such as "what can be most concluded?", "What can you infer from the passage?"

REMEMBER, the question can also state "What cannot be most concluded" - most candidates apparently miss-read the "CANNOT" and answer what can be concluded - so be aware of this!! There are a plethora of questions within Section 1 that specifically impose these types of questions

For logical deductions, draw tables (the names are A,B,C,D deliberately)

Remember, NO-ONE finishes the UMAT examination, so if you do not have sufficient time, guessing would be a viable choice as per my opinion

Also, remember to stay REALED and CALM (should do this myself)
When alternating between sections, forgot about the questions may have not completed or guessed and focus on the next section (For e.g. section 2 requires you to ANALYSE in terms of emotions etc... so be in that minframe)

DRINK LOTS of WATER!! - If you drink lots of water, it aids in better circulation of blood to the brain, thus increasing concentration and ability to comprehend certain q's

LOL!!

For me, Section 3 is the worst!! Section 1 and 2 are AWESOME (LOVE them!!) - Section 2 is best though..
Need to do some drills for Section 3 this evening and complete a paper hopefully :)

Hope it helps!!
I know a few people that did =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)