• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Under what circumstances can I change classes? (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
I want to change classes for English cos something happened to my teacher (we dunno) and she wont be back for a long time. Our substitute doesn't seem to know his stuff. Half yearlies approaching. I dont think the teachers will accept my real reason though, but I really really want to change classes. What should I do? :( :( Any other reason I can use?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well you could always see your principal/whoever is in charge of those things and talk to them about it. If that wont work and you cant I would suggest just asking one of the other teachers if you could spend a lunchtime once a week or something for extra help.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Usually you are always allowed to change.

It's not really up to the teachers/principal to force you to do it beacuse it is YOUR HSC, you decide what you want to maximise your marks, if they try to then call up the board of studies complaining.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Are you serious? So even with my tyrannical teachers, I can simply say "i dont like my teacher" or "i dont get along with this guy" or something similarly inane and they -have- to let me change?

Sounds way too good to be true, but if it is... :D
else :(:(

And im afraid that since my whole class is in the same boat as me, they wont let me cos its 'unfair' for the others. But fuck sif they care about their hsc :mad: i think I need a different reason. Itll be a white lie in the end tho... please help me...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Well, if you get in wuick enough and change asap, then l don't see the problem...

Plus if they don't care about their HSC, they probably wouldn't want to change..

Can't you simply tell them the truth...say that you believe that your HSC is in danger and you don't want to risk it with a substitute that doens't met up to your standards.

is a roflcopter
HSC
your are right
they wont let you because it will be slack to the others in your class

i had a similar problem in year 11, english teacher was a cuntrash
3 people changed classes before principal had enough of people going up to him with letters of complaint
so he got rid of the teacher

a letter of complaint to head of english and principal will do it

try to cite bullshit like how you think you are incompatible with your teacher and how it might place a constraint on your potential blah blah

oh yeah it has to be from your parent,not yourself

Giant Lobster

HSC
If I say that, I dont trust the teachers to take it in a good way. They'll probably interpret it as me having a huge ego, underestimating the teacher, plotting, scheming lil bastard etc when all u said is exactly whats on my mind. Also as mentioned, they r gonna say its unfair to the others regardless of whether they care about their hsc when in actual fact they r just too lazy to do the paper work (which is basically erasing my name on one roll and adding it to the next!) :mad:

i need a diff excuse

Who can I talk to about this stuff regarding class changing in general? My year advisor or what?

woe is me.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by Newbie
your are right
they wont let you because it will be slack to the others in your class

i had a similar problem in year 11, english teacher was a cuntrash
3 people changed classes before principal had enough of people going up to him with letters of complaint
so he got rid of the teacher

a letter of complaint to head of english and principal will do it

try to cite bullshit like how you think you are incompatible with your teacher and how it might place a constraint on your potential blah blah

oh yeah it has to be from your parent,not yourself
See the thing is, if i say I dont get along with this guy, theyll know its fake cos hes only been here for a day or two. lol. but the first lesson was damning, I guess im just impatient but Im pretty sure I wont regret changing. So I cant really use that "my teacher is slack to me" thing... noooo :(

And it wont do much good replacing the teacher, theyll just get another one. This guy teaching our class right now is fresh from Adelaide, so deducing from that fact, I take it hes never taught HSC before. Very bad. I so want to change... all the other teachers are so much better, been here for so long etc.

Its English so timetables shouldnt be a prob, cos eveyrone has english at the same time.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
could always say dat u dun understand his way of teachin, n therefore cant learn the required stuff, which will effect ur marks/performance

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You can -always- change. Why would they let you pick the subject if they don't let you change it?

It's YOUR HSC, not theirs. It's up to you to make the right decisions.

If they won't allow, complain to the principal, if the principal won't let you then tell the board of studies.

The only time this isn't feasible is when the subject you want to do clashes in line with another.

Don't let teachers make the decision for you, it's up to you.

^___^
HSC
thats like the english teache in my school

she left like just b4 the hsc to take a 'holiday' cos the whole class hated her and shit...

that class got fucked but lucky the other english teacher like keep throwing notes at them whehever possible...

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
My english teacher was on long service leave, and heaps of people wanted to move to another class, but they were afraid they wouldn't be allowed, as they had no reasonable excuse. One girl went to the principal and told him she wanted to do hamlet or something, rather than the tempest, and she was allowed to change classes, but maybe it's a little late to be complaining about your texts now...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i'm pretty sure you can change. you're the one who's doing the hsc, not them. do what you have to, get your parents involved, other students involved, anything. english is so important in the hsc. though i can understand the position the principal (or whoever you go to) will be in, because they have to consider the other students etc. but good luck!!

(begin ramble)
my class had SEVEN english teachers throughout year11 and 12. friggin... first our yr11 teacher went off to fort street (without giving us ANY notice), then our second yr11 teacher became pregnant, then the third teacher was only staying til the end of yr11 (she neglected to tell us this until days before she left). the principal promised us a permanent teacher at the start of 2003.

start of 2003 - we find out that the lady that was meant to teach us had accepted a job at ashfield boys ($#%@&!!!). so then the head teacher and a sub taught us for a while. the principal told us that they were interviewing people, etc etc...

finally, some fiftyish old lady with a walking stick walks in and she's meant to be our teacher. the principal tells us she's had 20yrs experience with hsc english blah blah blah.

she opens up the excel book and READS IT TO US. she doesn't know what aliteration is. she gets written notes off other teachers. a few days of puttin gup with this, our class just started ignoring her, formed our own circle and discussed gwen harwood amongst ourselves. and we met up at recess and lunch to share notes and stuff. she tells us that yes, she has taught adv english before but that was TWENTY YEARS AGO. next lesson, she's not there and we hear that she resigned :D (she couldn't even handle the yr7s)

a few wks later, we FINALLY get a competent, english teacher #8, fresh out of wollongong uni (teaching something or rather). thank the Lord.
(end ramble) :p

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
lol trust me, it wasn't exciting...
we were sooooo screwed at teh beginning of yr12
our class got the lowest marks for frontline coz we didn't have a bloody teacher

but we did OK in the end, even though we usually didn't have the top marks, we always had the highest average :D

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
My english teacher was on long service leave, and heaps of people wanted to move to another class, but they were afraid they wouldn't be allowed, as they had no reasonable excuse. One girl went to the principal and told him she wanted to do hamlet or something, rather than the tempest, and she was allowed to change classes, but maybe it's a little late to be complaining about your texts now...
Damn thats a good idea, complaining about texts. but too bad my school does the same texts across all adv classes :(
I wonder if I can call or email BOS and ask them about this...
Frankly if im stuck with this teacher, I'm screwed.

Anyone else know whether I can / cannot change for my reason / no reason?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You can.

If you can pick the subject, you can change it as well.

Giant Lobster

HSC
What do u mean by pick?
Yea i picked adv over std. but given the absolute choice, i rather not do english at all :p

Well anyway, im more worried about the teachers using the excuse that itll be unfair to ppl in my class... if I have a defense against that I should be successful

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Haha well of course English is the only exception where you have to do it :p

How is switching classes unfair to your class?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)