• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UnderGrad Courses For dentistry! (1 Viewer)

Fatmandy

HSC
Hey..,

can anyone let me know what the best choice of an undergrad. course would be and which one would the highest chances to get into dentistry??

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
You don't need to ask this question in three separate threads and then open your own thread for it.

I don't believe there are specific degrees that give you a selection advantage when applying for grad dentistry, but as you'll have to sit GAMSAT you might want to do one that will give you the junior university-level bio and chem (I think) that you need for it.

Oral Health would also be an obvious pre-dentistry degree.

uniform

!!!
HSC
See: http://community.boredofstudies.org/224/faculties-science-medicine/127582/dentistry.html

edit: I see you've already posted there.. but i think it was made pretty clear there that no one course will give you the 'highest chances' of getting into dentistry. What WILL give you good chances is performing well in whatever course you choose, and in GAMSAT - for which you need first year uni biology and chem knowledge, plus yr12 physics knowledge. Even if you do an Arts course, you can still catch up in preparation for GAMSAT, by taking prep courses or reading text-books and self teaching. Also, a number of people in that thread advised against doing B Oral Health for a first degree.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)