Undergraduate application (1 Viewer)

truespirit_jj

Hi everyone
I'm expected to complete my Bachelor's degree this semester, and my GPA isn't high enough for me to apply for Masters degrees..

So can I actaully re-use my UAI that I recieved from my HSC to apply for the undergraduate applications? Or do they take into account both UAI and mY gpa (i'M SCREWD IF THEY DO THAT; S). Like I know that's what physiotherapy course does for example...but other undergraduate courses don't really specify that for non-Year 12 applicants...

Please help :)) *I want to Diagnostic raiography by the way

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
Sydney uni in general use both UAI and GPA for the application from those people with tertiary academic record.

In most cases, GPA's weighting is at least 50% (at least it is for most courses if you transfer after 1 year), though some courses assign weighting of 75% to GPA or assess the suitability wholly on GPA if you have tertiary record.

I wonder however what will happen if you omit-either deliberately or not-to mention that you have tertiary academic record in your application? Perhaps they may just assess you based on UAI. I guess you may look into that possibility if you are desperate to keep GPA out of consideration, or you can apply for special considerations or schemes if you have any circumstances that may warrant extraordinary consideration.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Oh, do watch it however because IIRC your UAI will be rescaled to match the standards of the students this year - so your mark three years ago might not be as hot today (or it might be better, but I don't know actual trends).

You haven't talked to the course co-ordinators yet? You WILL be caught if you hide you marks and re-apply at the same university <- they keep databases. The question is what happens after.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)