Unfair! (1 Viewer)

FinalFantasy

HSC
According to a uni student in Canada, you don't need any specific "UAI" to enter desired courses there.. all you need to do in high school is get an average mark, that lets you get into uni... den u can do any course you like...
That means those ppl who would only get like 80 UAI in australia could've done things like Medicine in uni!!

that's unfair isn't it!!

FinalFantasy

HSC
the cost doesn't matter... u might pay 100k for da whole medicine course, but after dat u make a lot more... in australia even if u want to pay that amount u can't

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jesus

wasn't the uai a rank not a mark or something to determine your intelligence?

and the cutoff was to do with the demand etc?

I say if a person who *only* got 80 can pass the medicine course in uni, he has the credibility i need.

Last edited:

FinalFantasy

HSC
in canada theres no such "UAI" thing or equivalent.... according to the person whom i spoke to... he says all u need is get an average mark in high school to get into uni.. den u can choose any course lol

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
jesus

wasn't the uai a rank not a mark or something to determine your intelligence?

and the cutoff was to do with the demand etc?

I say if a person who *only* got 80 can pass the medicine course in uni, he has the credibility i need.
if you don't stop being right all the time, I'm seriously going to throttle you!
:p

FinalFantasy

HSC
maybe that "person" who got *80* works really hard during da medicine course...
it's all about hard work not much intelligence involved i believe...

FinalFantasy

HSC
how can graduating be harder, shouldn't u be learning da same things in all uni's?
cuz otherwise getting a master degree in aus. could be diff. from master degree in america?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yes but someone with 80 will struggle more.

If they can pass the uni course I wont be complaining that there drama skills are crap or whatever.

FinalFantasy

HSC
someone w\ 80 might struggle more... but if he\she is very hard working... he\she might still make it through.... but here in australia u don't even get da chance to be "hard working" cuz u need like 99 UAI lol

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Xayma said:
Yes but someone with 80 will struggle more.

If they can pass the uni course I wont be complaining that there drama skills are crap or whatever.
someone with 80 will struggle more?

I officially declare you the enemy.

I dare you to do ENglish Extension 2, Music Extension (and take all composition electives) and Visual Arts = 6 majorworks & journal. I guarantee that YOU will struggle.

Looks like you haven't gotten your head around the whole "uai is a rank" and "uai cutoffs" are about demand.

Did you know that town planners have a "low" uai cutoff? Not because "town planners don't struggle much" but because we need more.

Damnit to hell man.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
we had a person with 84 in medicine once.. they failed and dropped out after 6 weeks :)
they got in on bonuses and special entry scheme..

and its goin to cost lik 180k -220k for med in aust.. i wish 100k...

^___^
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
how can graduating be harder, shouldn't u be learning da same things in all uni's?
cuz otherwise getting a master degree in aus. could be diff. from master degree in america?

ever consider the possibility that exams might be harder? more pressure ( as in lots of exams in a semester, my dad told me when he was in america, he averaged 5 - 6 exams per unit in a semester)

FinalFantasy

HSC
yea it sucks dey rank us against one another... not very fair compared to da "England" one

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I have 3 friends in Canda. If you don't get certain marks for certain courses, you won't get that course.

There's no standardised test, though, besides the SATS and such.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
someone with 80 will struggle more?

I officially declare you the enemy.

I dare you to do ENglish Extension 2, Music Extension (and take all composition electives) and Visual Arts = 6 majorworks & journal. I guarantee that YOU will struggle.

Looks like you haven't gotten your head around the whole "uai is a rank" and "uai cutoffs" are about demand.

Did you know that town planners have a "low" uai cutoff? Not because "town planners don't struggle much" but because we need more.

Damnit to hell man.
It was more a general statement. That those with 80 are more likely to struggle more then those with 99.

As I said I would have no problem seeing a doctor who got 80 for a UAI as long as they passed the relevant courses in uni.

btw Im too unco for music :p

FinalFantasy

HSC
hmmm but my friend said u didn't need specific mark.. once u pass u do wat u want..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)