Uni?? (1 Viewer)

Winsux

Are people going to study software engineering at uni next year? if so, where abouts, i spose most of you are in sydney
anyone going to ANU in canberra?

Last edited:

ChillerZ

Yeah I am really hoping to do a Bachelor of Software Engineering down in Sydney somewhere, I really want to get into the UTS course.

...but after this shitty SDD exam, I don't know if I'm good enough for software development. That exam was awful!

Winsux

i'm thinking you can't take any idea of how good you are at software engineering from a BOS test! i enjoy the programming, my major project was pretty good - even if it was in VB, but most of the course was jsut what ethical and social aspects are involved, with a little bit of programming - which most of their scenarios, algorithms are really shit! i'm doing it at uni, even though i don't think it will count in the uai

milan24

Originally posted by Winsux
i'm thinking you can't take any idea of how good you are at software engineering from a BOS test! i enjoy the programming, my major project was pretty good - even if it was in VB, but most of the course was jsut what ethical and social aspects are involved, with a little bit of programming - which most of their scenarios, algorithms are really shit! i'm doing it at uni, even though i don't think it will count in the uai
you are lucky you can use vb for your sdd project, my class had use hypercard for it, which i did ok. i am good at vb, and the actives x really good. i even creat a time count domn program for my age.

afnya

that sucks about not using VB. we got to and everyone in our class got really good marks cause i think our teacher is really lenient. 2 guys got 100 for their major work and many others got in the 90's. i only got 84. i was a little dissapointed cause i got 95 for my prelim project. but i spose i did way less work on my year 12 project for some reason. i pretty much re submitted my prelim project but just changed little bits so i guess 84's ok

:axedeath:

afnya

oh yeh and im tryin to get into software engineering as well. i applied at ANU and sum sydney ones

T

tactic

SDD helps a fair bit when you start doing programming at uni (any sort of programming) well thats what i found anyway..

Dario

HSC
Hypercard ? Isn't that easy ? Lucky you, we had to use Pascal, with poor help from the teacher, so it was those who knew how to code and those who didn't.

Originally posted by milan24

you are lucky you can use vb for your sdd project, my class had use hypercard for it, which i did ok. i am good at vb, and the actives x really good. i even creat a time count domn program for my age.

NATMAN

I'm planning to do Software engineering as well... i put down unsw as my first reference. I think i need a uai of 95.

Eh btw, i imagine that soft engineering classes are full of comp nerds.... no hot gals ... just guys with glasses...

sunny

meh.
HSC
haha!

You'd be suprised, there are some very intelligent female programmers out there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)