Uni (1 Viewer)

uniqueusername1

HSC
Hey, I really want to do economics in university. However, I don't know if the prospects of employment are good. Should I pursue Economics or not? I really don't want to work hard in something that I will be unemployed in if this is the case.

quickoats

HSC
University economics is quite different to high school economics. It really depends on what side of economics you get into I guess, but the employment probably isn’t as stable as say accounting where you can work towards a specific accreditation to get a certain job.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
As far as I know, there is a wide range of job opportunities that you can access with a Bachelor of Economics. Completing a Bachelor of Economics opens the door towards a career in roles such as an economist, a financial risk analyst and, possibly, an actuary or an accountant. A recent analysis from the Reserve Bank of Australia suggests that there is a rather low probability of finding work as an economist. However, a more recent analysis (also from the RBA) suggests the field of Economics overall offers good employment prospects, which would definitely make sense. I'll link both below:

Graduating with a Bachelor of Economics means you will have gained the relevant knowledge and skills that will allow you to work in one of the above-listed roles. A good example of companies you can work in after (and possibly during) your university studies include Big Four accounting firms (PwC, Deloitte, KPMG, EY), where roles relevant to those I highlighted above are relevant.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)