unis teach skills over knowledge. (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
How true is this statement:

Universities, unlike high schools, emphasize the learning of skills such as critical thinking rather than actual material knowledge. In high school you are taught information and taught how to remember and understand it. At university it is the method of thinking and ability to understand logic which is important.

=]

pottsy44

HSC
being taugh critical thinking, lateral thinking etc. is largely dependant on the lecturer though.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Also most of the assessments require you not just to give the information from a variety of sources but also to critically analysis them.
awesome, could you give me an example of an assessment question?
=]

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL for business subjects. all i use is my textbook and lectures notes for a course. nothing else really...

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I used way more sources in HSC Eco for instance then i do now. All i ahve to do is memorise and regurgitate the theroy on the lecture notes/text book. No essays, no keeping up with latest trends/figures- just Multiple Choice q on soild theory for eg- The Short Run Keynesian model, the Long Run Classical Model, etc etc

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
BackCountrySnow said:
wrong turn. are you transferring to MQ law?
:S LOL where did that come from :S:S

im so over uni. i just want to get out of uni and get into a job. so in long, no im staying at unsw. :)

though id want to meet foreverpink for some bomchikawowow :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)