University Pathways Program (1 Viewer)

Deep Blue

HSC
Via this program, I have the opportunity to study a two trimesters of University level mathematics due to my acceleration in MX1/2. In the HSC year I intend to study nine units (see signature) but I can drop down to as little as seven. After completely school I intend to study medical science, of which I assume a semester of mathematics would have no relevance towards. However, I may change my mind and decide to study a math degree instead, though this is slight. The only university I could partake in the University Pathways would be through UNE. What would the benefits be, if any, of me undertaking the Algebra and Differential Calculus at UNE towards my studies, future studies and/or acceptance into relevant degrees or jobs in the medical science area, or unrelated degrees/jobs in mathematics? What would the disadvantages be, and would these outweigh the possible advantages?

I posted this in the Extra curricular mathematics section but just in case that was inappropriate, I'll put it here as well. This section should really be renamed 'uni pathways' seeing as they have replaced the distinction courses.

thoth1

Banned
HSC
well u wuld be better off focusing on chem phys and english and acing ur hsc, getting that prestigious 99.95 scholarship at sydney.

goobi

HSC
Via this program, I have the opportunity to study a two trimesters of University level mathematics due to my acceleration in MX1/2. In the HSC year I intend to study nine units (see signature) but I can drop down to as little as seven. After completely school I intend to study medical science, of which I assume a semester of mathematics would have no relevance towards. However, I may change my mind and decide to study a math degree instead, though this is slight. The only university I could partake in the University Pathways would be through UNE. What would the benefits be, if any, of me undertaking the Algebra and Differential Calculus at UNE towards my studies, future studies and/or acceptance into relevant degrees or jobs in the medical science area, or unrelated degrees/jobs in mathematics? What would the disadvantages be, and would these outweigh the possible advantages?

I posted this in the Extra curricular mathematics section but just in case that was inappropriate, I'll put it here as well. This section should really be renamed 'uni pathways' seeing as they have replaced the distinction courses.
As I accelerated in 3U Math, I think I am also eligible for the program (given that I will get a Band 6 in Math 2U at least). I wonder if we can apply for the programs offered by all of the three universities, considering we may not get into the course of our first preference when we only apply for one.

BTW I am interested in the law course provided by the UNE.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)