Unorganised!!! Stressed!!! Argh!!!! (1 Viewer)

pirate

Has anyone ever thought that they had everything down pact and that everything is going along swell until it blows up in their face. Well i have. i am leaving for Sydney, a 7hr drive, in approximately 7 hours and am unable to find my birth certificate and tax file number for enrolment. i'm not sure if there is any other supporting documentation that can be used as i am not in pocession of a passport. i am confident i can get my tax file number from my brother, an accountant but for the birth certificate??? is there anywhere you can go to get a new one and what documentation do you need to get it and how long does it take??? i need soemthing by the 31st, arrgh, help anyone???

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
First of all ... relax ... take a deep breath and calm down :)

To get the birth certificate you will need to go and see the department of births, deaths and marriages.

Also you don't really need you TFN on the day of enrolment. If you are deferring your HECS payment, you don't need to supply your TFN until the census date in march.

pirate

Cape said:
First of all ... relax ... take a deep breath and calm down :)

To get the birth certificate you will need to go and see the department of births, deaths and marriages.

Also you don't really need you TFN on the day of enrolment. If you are deferring your HECS payment, you don't need to supply your TFN until the census date in march.

is there a department of births deaths and marriages in sydney, wait a sec, thats a pretty stupid question, i should ask do you know where one of these offices are

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't know ... last year for enrolment all i didn't have to provide any id. All i took was my offer letter.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
pirate said:
is there a department of births deaths and marriages in sydney, wait a sec, thats a pretty stupid question, i should ask do you know where one of these offices are
Heres the webiste for the department of births, deaths and marriages ... it should say where they are.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
pirate said:
Yep, it is located at the city. i remember cos i had to go last year to get my birthcertificate translated. anyway, if u are catching the train, get off at Central, and then its about a 15min walk. but its best if u get a cab because it is kinda hard to find. i dont know the exact location..but is near that Medina hotel/apartment.

they do have some sort of "fast service" if u need the documents urgently, and they cost extra.

Hope that helped.

pirate

Cape said:
Heres the webiste for the department of births, deaths and marriages ... it should say where they are.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/

thanks cape, just one last query, do u think that they would be able ot do same day applications. i mean if i head in there and register for a birth certificate, do u think they would be able to give it to me the same day? at the moment i have a pretty hectic schedule, probably leave liverpool area early to get to the department asap, like 8:00 then head back to UWS to enrol by 1ish, i think i can do it. lol

klh

HSC
yes, you do need a birth cert/passport so that you can get HECS help.
hecs help is now only available to aus ctizens only, no more perm REsidents and NZ citizens. why do you think there have been more hecs places.

if you give your birth cert, you also have to give another photo id type. with a passport, you dont need photo id since it is photo id.

you could always enrol on another day, but go to advising so you know what you need to do and how to fill in forms. then fill them in, go back to get your birth cert and then go back to the uni to hand it in. you can hand in your forms on another day, just go straight to the final checking station.
else, do as i say but go to the department to get the cert as cape told you. if you need to knwo where it is, google it, its nver failed me.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Maybe you should ring them up in advance to see what happens, cause I've never been there. And by ringing them up, you will find out everything you need to know and therefore you will still have your hetic schedule. Without the worry of if your going to get the certificate on the day or not.

pirate

yup got it all. urgent applications lodged before 3pm can be processed in an hour. so that gives me like 9:30-10. then have 3 hours to get back to uws. yeah should be able to do that quite comfortablely. anyway, thanks for that, i shall go to sleep. wake up in 5.5 hours for a long trip ahead of me. over and out rubber ducky.

debugz

HSC
hahahah relax. u dont NEED proof of residency on the day. i didnt take a birthcert or my tfn on the day i enrolled. the chick that processed my application shruged her shoulders, gave me a piece of paper that said, give uws proof of residency by census (2 weeks or so after uni has started). same goes for your HECS tfn. (you can fill in the hecs form any time and send it in mail to uni).

so relax :) you have plenty of time to sort stuff out :). You have till mid-march for most stuff (including change of subjects, hecs applications, and finalising your enrolment). Just if your like me , and didnt provide proof of residency (im sending a copy of ym birth cert. in mail - along with my hecs form) in about a week to my UWS campus. It's all good. You can still enrol on your academic advising/enrolment day.

:D

mattyg87

HSC
how long does the AAS and enrolment process take approximately? my stupid work decide to roster me on the day i put N/A, but i work like 4pm and my AAS is at 9am. i think ill have enough time.

Jiga

I had to get my Birth Certificate recently to, takes 5 minutes to get it. I also didnt have my TFN, but luckily I worked and it was on a pay slip :)

As for how long AAS and enrollment takes, I was their at 9am, and left at 12pm. It doesnt take to long, the AAS itself went quick, enrolment (doing forms, getting them checked, then getting orientation stuff) takes the longest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)