UNSW Asia- your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hmmm, i just had a peep at the UNSW Asia website, apparently they're going to have all the double degree combos in Singapore. Like Comm/Law, Comm/Eng, Science/Eng blah blah. In a way, I feel really stupid that I'm going to pay AUD $100,000 for my commerce/law degree (no regrets paying the money, it's a good course) but I know someone o/seas can easily get it as well.

Most probably, the grad certificate awarded in UNSW ASIA, will be just written as "UNSW", no reference to campus. The transcript however would probably say which campus. Still, I feel that UNSW is no longer that exclusive and we're becoming like Monash. Lol, is that a good or bad thing.

http://www.unsw.edu.au/news/pad/articles/2007/jan/UNSW_asia_opening.html

HSC
$100k for a com/law degree?!? isnt it just about $15k per year 15x5 = 75?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Full fee paying?

*shrugs*

My cousin was most disappointed... she told her parents she wanted to study in UNSW (so she could come to Australia) and coincidentally, UNSW opened the Singapore campus near where she lives... no trip to Sydney anymore!

Affinity

HSC
its 20000 a year.. about right, think it's the same here in kensington.

Well... it's a matter of money.. Universities need revenue

Affinity

HSC
Kensington is impure.. they want somewhere pure.

HSC
yeh casmira the new full-fee price is $19 800++/year.. are there that many international students in unsw? to what degree? i'm doing commerce and law so i guess it's a pretty good choice for international students..

HSC
are there many international students in unsw?? yes, lots. you can filter them out from the abc's simply by the fashion!

chris_c28

Random Member
HSC
They did this because they can. UNSW Asia doesn't sound 1/2 as weird as University of Sydney, Singapore. Now that will sound wrong, don't you think? Note they emphasise on the use of the abbreviated form. Same reason why I can see Monash in Malaysia, but not University of Melbourne Malaysia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)