unsw gateway (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
hey guys does anyone know the list of suburbs for unsw gateway admission?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
If you've applied on UAC already and they've sent you an email saying that you're in low socioeco area, then you are applicable for gateway.

Last edited:

A1La5

HSC
If you've applied on UAC already, if they've sent you an email saying that you're in low socioeco area, then you are applicable for gateway.
I thought the Gateway program depended on the location of your school as opposed to your residential address. When I looked it up I remember seeing a PDF of all of these different schools in disadvantaged areas that were eligible for the Gateway program. My school wasn't on the list despite being right next to a school that was -.-

EDIT: @stressedadfff The PDF listing the different schools that are eligible for the program is found here.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
I thought the Gateway program depended on the location of your school as opposed to your residential address. When I looked it up I remember seeing a PDF of all of these different schools in disadvantaged areas that were eligible for the Gateway program. My school wasn't on the list despite being right next to a school that was -.-

EDIT: @stressedadfff The PDF listing the different schools that are eligible for the program is found here.
It can be either, unless it’s for specific courses e.g med which needs the school thing

A1La5

HSC
It can be either, unless it’s for specific courses e.g med which needs the school thing
I'm sure it's both. My residential address makes me eligible for EAS yet I'm not eligible for the Gateway program as the school I attend isn't on the list. I wasn't emailed anything concerning the Gateway program when I completed the UAC application, and I'm not doing Med or anything like that..

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
no, it’s either

1. Check if you’re eligible

You are eligible if you are in Year 12 and receiving an ATAR and either:

• Attending a Gateway school or
  • are identified by UAC as eligible for the Educational Access Scheme based on SEIFA consideration.

you need to apply via SRS

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad

It's both schools and residential this year I'm pretty sure.

specificagent1

HSC
For this year it is either school or SEIFA. If you wanna do med it's gotta be both

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
If you get into gateway is it only applicable for the top selected choice or can you choose any course for UNSW that is eligible for gateway?

specificagent1

HSC
If you get into gateway is it only applicable for the top selected choice or can you choose any course for UNSW that is eligible for gateway?
your top prefrence you locked in by 30th of september, ideally the one you referenced in your personal statement

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
your top prefrence you locked in by 30th of september
30th of September? So say after the HSC instead of wanting to do engineering you choose commerce. Are you not applicable for the gateway into commerce?

specificagent1

HSC
30th of September? So say after the HSC instead of wanting to do engineering you choose commerce. Are you not applicable for the gateway into commerce?
nup, because gateway works as an early conditional offer released on the 12th of november. You can only have one course. So if you applied for engineering you would get an early conditional offer for engineering and only engineering. You cant then choose to go into commerce.

what course did you write about in your personal statement? it would be a bit weird if your statement was talking about one course but you change your preference

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
nup, because gateway works as an early conditional offer released on the 12th of november. You can only have one course. So if you applied for engineering you would get an early conditional offer for engineering and only engineering. You cant then choose to go into commerce.

what course did you write about in your personal statement? it would be a bit weird if your statement was talking about one course but you change your preference
Oh I see. So you won't be applicable for commerce under gateway and can only enter with an atar pregateway.

specificagent1

HSC
Oh I see. So you won't be applicable for commerce under gateway and can only enter with an atar pregateway.
yes, unless you applied for commerce. You get the course you applied for or else you have to go through the normal atar. Maybe try a double degree with commerce?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
yes, unless you applied for commerce. You get the course you applied for or else you have to go through the normal atar. Maybe try a double degree with commerce?
I see I see. They won't even consider your other 4 choices on the list from their uni? But ty btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)