URGENT help with the assessment hsc mark (1 Viewer)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Ok here's the details,
In mx1 I received an exam mark of 91 and an assessment mark of 87 (I'm second rank - first got 92), so that's a total of 5 marks ASSESSMENT difference.

In mx2 I got exand mark 85 and assessment mark of 85 (I'm second rank - first got 90), which is a total of 5 marks difference.

Now in mx1 my difference in assessment % is 8%, but in mx2 it's 16%. My question is, why on earth is my assessment mark for mx1 so low???? Why is the mark difference the same, even though my final assessment marks were far behind in mx2???? (now I'm stuck with 88s and 89s (except mx2) with no band 6 :( )

Am I able to appeal this?

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Remember that is it 'relative gaps' not exact gaps that is used.

So what was the difference between you and third - as that is also relevant as well as the entire spread of your cohort - which may have been extended on the exam - in other words some of your cohort at the bottom end may have done worse than expected bringing down the marks.

You can ask for a clerical recheck if you think the marks are out.

D94

HSC
N/A
The gaps are relative to your cohort's exam performance. It is most likely correct.

From what I observe, your MX2 cohort did relatively well in the HSC exams.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Remember that is it 'relative gaps' not exact gaps that is used.

So what was the difference between you and third - as that is also relevant as well as the entire spread of your cohort - which may have been extended on the exam - in other words some of your cohort at the bottom end may have done worse than expected bringing down the marks.

You can ask for a clerical recheck if you think the marks are out.
I see, so you can't really appeal the assessment mark?

helper

HSC
N/A
An appeal about assessment marks should have occurred first at the school level, if there were abnormalities during that process.
Then you could check if they placed the school mark correctly on the Board site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)