urgent: Im starting my year 11 this year. what supplies and books should I take? (1 Viewer)

AussieStudent101

HSC
I'm from New South Wales and these are the subjects that I've chosen.
Chemistry
Modern History
Legal Studies
English Standard
Mathematics Standard 1 but might change to ATAR version
Biology
What supplies and books should I take into year 11?

dotwingz

HSC
Probably not the answer you want to here but stationary/organisation tools is entirely personal preference. Some things work well for some but not others, and its ultimatley about what works best for you.

Personally I found having those 240 pages kegi spiral bound books with a different colour for each subject and a few BIC gelocity pro pens worked best for me. I'd also suggest grabbing some loose leaf and a binder and using that to write summaries and keep those at home. My school required laptops which were helpful but I found taking notes in class on pen and paper invaluable. I'd personally recommend against getting those big 5 subject books because you have to carry all your work all the time.

For Chemistry I'd recommend having a sharpie with your name on it. I started brining one from the beginning of year 12 and it just made things a trillion times easier when labelling beakers, flasks, etc (which you should be doing every prac)

For Modern, Legal & English just get a pen that youre comfortable with. Like i said before i liked those gel pens. I found that flowed easier and were comfy in my big hands. It became an expensive habit though, I would try not to lose some

For Maths: A new calculator. You should always bring 2 to an exam just in case one dies (I brought 2 to every exam and 4 to my trials for a meme). Having a calculator with buttons you can actually see, and a new battery, etc, is worth the $25.

I cant really comment about Biology.

Also I'd recommend starting with the ATAR course and then dropping down to Standard 1 if you really struggle with it. Its much easier to go down a level of maths than up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)