urgent, need help. English - comparing poets. (1 Viewer)

JessicaMiller

HSC
Hey, I’m sort of new to this whole thing, but I reckon its pretty cool. I’m in year 10 btw.  well anyway, I’m having a lot of trouble with my English assignment – actually, my whole class is… we don’t get anything. I thought I could get some help from this site… We’re doing poetry at the moment. This is the task description:

Write and essay (approx 800words) in which you compare and contrast the work of Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath. Both poets even through the time they were married wrote poetry in a unique fashion with individual flair. Choose four poems (2 from each poet) you have studied in class and answer:

‘Poetry is an orphan of silence. The words never quite equal the experience behind them. Discuss the experience that is being conveyed behind Ted hughe’s and Sylvia Plath’s poetry.’

Requirements: - Choose at least 5 poetic techniques
- Show similarities and differences in both poet’s themes and poetic techniques

Okay, the only thing I know is that we have to say if we agree or disagree to this statement. But I don’t even get it… orphan of silence? What the hell is that? Maybe its just me, cause I hate English. So anyone care to help with this? Kind of urgent, I have about a week to finish it. I know its late, let’s hope she’ll give us an extension. Fingers crossed someone will come aross this post.

woofingcow

HSC
Oh wow, it seems like I'm doing a very similar assignment. Same quote but different poets. It's not due for a long time. So I'm not worried about it.

http://ethesis.unifr.ch/theses/downloads.php?file=MijukG.pdf

This might help a bit. I just quickly scanned through it but haven't fully read it yet. It seems the author is mentioning the quote a bit.

Anyway good luck. I hope you get help. This might come in handy for me later. lol.

oh whoops. i realised its been a while since you've posted this. Did your teacher give you an extension?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)