URGENT: Tips on consistently revising content? (1 Viewer)

brbstudying

HSC
Hi,

How would you go about revising:

English Advanced
English Ext 1
Legal Studies
Modern History and Ancient History

consistently without burning out due to the masses of content?

Thank you :)

Iced Volvo

HSC
I only know about English Advanced as I'm undergoing that subject atm. What I would recommended (Idk if its good advice) is to revise over your 1st assessment and see your mistakes and what you did wrong and how you can improve upon it. If you would like more advice, you could ask a tutor or email your school teacher. With this, in the holidays, to get ahead, you could have had revised over the Discovery Area of Study and go over the notes on your texts and write an essay and creative and go through the HSC questions. After this, you could revise for your next mod (assuming you know your texts already) by going through your texts and writing down notes on the plot, quotes, messages, explanation, etc. At school, whenever you have notes from your teacher, write them down instantly in class and ask question right after or during if you have trouble. Read over notes at home and do some homework or whatever on them. After you have enough notes, try formulate one paragraph at a time for each mod or text.
(This is what I have done and planning to do for HSC. Idk if this works for everyone though) Hope this helped :)

Jackzerippa

HSC
N/A
So here's my real advice with the subjects I did;

English Advance: GET FEEDBACK. I don't think I could ever stress this enough in my life. I earned a Band 5 by giving the teacher the essay I had written, get feedback, change it to do with the feedback, give it back. Over and over again. Also, know how to bullshit well with this subject. I was an idiot and during my final exam, I only had the title of the poem to work with because I forgot all my quotes. I mustn't of done too badly with it. Also, knowing how to bullshit will help you with your short answer questions.

Modern. Keep revising those syllabus dotpoints and writing those essays with the dot points. Over and over again. Get feedback as well, and probably, also learn to care about the topic you are learning. There was this one topic I just couldn't force myself to study in the end and my marks suffered for it.

I can't help with Legal Studies because I dropped it and I never did English Extension but I hope it helped even a little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)