Use "Volta" in S&S (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Did anyone else use Volta in their answer even though he isn't in the syllubus?

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
yep i mentioned him briefly , cos i think he's quite important ~ even though he's not in the syllabus

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by luigi_000
yep i mentioned him briefly , cos i think he's quite important ~ even though he's not in the syllabus
He's more important than Davy, I think ...

profernity

HSC
but i don't think we're supposed to judge whether one was more important than the other...i mean Davy was in the syllabus for a reason...i didn't study volta, i thought he showed the electrons were transferred between two metals with brine-soaked cardboard as electrolyte...and davy showed through repetition of electrolysis experiments that it was the chemical reactions that were generating a current. I still think Davy needs mentioning, his contribution is still a step forward in the development of ideas.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
*looks up* I like that song.

Yeah, I used him. He wasn't in the syllabus? lol...it just goes to show how well I read the syllabus. But he's pretty important, and he's in all the textbooks, so...

nia

i didn't talk directly bout volta, but u had to mention him when referring to davy dont u?

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
volta made the voltaic pile, and thus the first battery.. i dont think davy was as important............

spice girl

magic mirror
The markers will expect something from Galvani, Davy and Faraday, since these three are specifically mentioned in the syllabus. IMHO, Volta is just there to connect the ideas of Galvani, and their relevance to Davy's work.

i.e. Volta identified that it was two metals in solution causing the trouble, and then he made the voltaic pile, which Davy used to decompose all his beverages.

quarm

yea...i mentioned volta in like one sentence after talkin about galvani

but rest of the answer were on galvani davy and faraday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)