USYD Enrollment; Choosing subjects... (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
You need to have an idea of what you're doing. Because the subjects you choose will be pre-requisites for what you can do next year. Clearly, this will determine your major.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I know that I'm looking REALLY REALLY ahead.... BUT when they consider you in the degree for honours study(after the initial degree), will they give honours places based on performances just on core and major subjects or over all subjects studied in the degree?

cimbom

HSC
Last day to add a standard unit= Friday 17th March
Last day to withdraw from a standard unit= Friday 31st March

... So i think we can change whatever we like up until the 17th through the myuni intranet site.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Do I have to go tomorrow? I've got to go for enrolment for science at usyd...but i mean, i don't ReALLY wanna do it. if i don't go tomorrow, am i screwed? im pretty sure i'll get another offer in the 2nd round. is it advisable for me to go tomorrow? is there any other way to accept my offer rather than taking everything there.

odd_one_out

HSC
darkroomgirl said:
I haven't chosen my subjects yet! Do I really need to know EVERYTHING I'm doing by tomorrow?!?
Im exactly the same, and I am completely not understanding the whole picking the subjects, do I have to pick them or do I already have set subjects.... ?????

ARGH!!! :burn:
So confused... I should just go tomorrow, find someone who got into the same course I did and copy their forms, what an excellent way to start that would be...:)

cimbom

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
Do I have to go tomorrow? I've got to go for enrolment for science at usyd...but i mean, i don't ReALLY wanna do it. if i don't go tomorrow, am i screwed? im pretty sure i'll get another offer in the 2nd round. is it advisable for me to go tomorrow? is there any other way to accept my offer rather than taking everything there.
You just have to go and enrol... like, if you get something else in late/final, enrol again, and you get $604+ extra back if you enrol somewhere else. Just go tomorrow- you can change your subjects later if you reconsider. I'm pretty sure there will be subject advisors and stuff at enrolment, to help us out with what we've put down on the forms i guess... :)

manifestation

What?!
HSC
darkroomgirl said:
I haven't chosen my subjects yet! Do I really need to know EVERYTHING I'm doing by tomorrow?!?
Yep I'm freakin' out about that too, hopefully one of the advisors will do everything. I think basically know what kinda areas you are interested in and what area you may want to major in and from there ask the advisors what subjects you should choose for the 1st & 2nd semesters. Well that's what I'm gonna do.

What they will ask you to do is tell them your subjects for the 1st & 2nd semesters, however before you do that you should go and talk to the academics and ask for advice.

oddoneout said:
do I have to pick them or do I already have set subjects.... ????
There are subjects you have to choose from. So for example if you were doing Arts and wanted to do philosophy then you choose subjects from the philosophy area for the first and second semester. Some degrees have a core subject to study.

Well that's what I know...

Last edited:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
cimbom said:
You just have to go and enrol... like, if you get something else in late/final, enrol again, and you get $604+ extra back if you enrol somewhere else. Just go tomorrow- you can change your subjects later if you reconsider. I'm pretty sure there will be subject advisors and stuff at enrolment, to help us out with what we've put down on the forms i guess... :)

oh ok, thanks for that. I don't want to pay today itself, seems a bit fast. I mean, how do I know i'll get the money back? also, I'm kinda 90% sure I won't be doing this course, Im just a little confused. Im gonna go today anyway. any other advice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)