Usyd Law Camp (1 Viewer)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i know this aint till end of march, but who thinks they'll be going?

or is it compulsory?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
unlike other faculty camps at usyd and elsewhere, law camp isn't till 28-30 or march or something, so i assume we'll receive info on it from lawsoc sometime during term.

here's an account from Blackacre 2001, courtesy of sydney uni law soc:

14. CAMP 2001

Milson Island on the Hawkesbury River once again played host to that debaucherous affair known as the SULS First Year Camp. Thanks to the effort of Claire Galt, Peter Nicholas, the SULS Executive and the Campus Committee, First Year Camp was an amazing success. Peter Nicholas remembers...

Stick 105 first year law students on an island in the Hawkesbury river for two nights and you're sure to get trouble. Despite slightly overcast weather, the spirit of the youngsters was undaunted. 'Just show us the alcohol' was the cry, and after the first night's showing a special emergency party had to be sent ashore on the Saturday to pick up more supplies.

Yet first year camp isn't just about getting drunk on an island, its a great opportunity for first years to cast away their old school connections and biases and find a new group of friends. With some people being more friendly than others. A variety of games during our opening night pyjama party and trivia no doubt helped loosen the morals of this group. A game of giant twister on the Saturday was also a winner along the same lines.

Of the other activities, just sitting around the pool doing nothing seemed to be a big winner. Archery was also a crowd favourite, especially when one game SULS rep gave them to opportunity to shoot his floppy hat to bits, pity it took the first years 10 minutes to actually land an arrow on it.

The Saturday night's Hawaiian theme dance party also brought out the usual array of sickening flower power T-shirts and an alcoholic punch to match. As is traditional, the party ended up around the pool for late night dancing and swimming. Some swan to cool off, others were just thrown in by overzealous SULS reps keen to make sure everyone was having a big evening. It was just a pity Nicola Campion didn't remember her camera was still in her pocket before she was airborne. Patrick Garcia also broke a long tradition of SULS Presidents in not starting a long distance relationship with a first year, while other SULS reps took the group bonding experience long into the night.

All in all, the camp was a huge success and was the largest first year camp ever. The graduating class of 2002 can be well reassured that the spirit of law school will be kept alive and burning by these young party animals.

Last edited:

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
and this was last years social calendar:

March 13 - Fantasy Ireland Level 5 Party

March 28-30 - First Year Camp

Friday May 22 - Affiliated Campus Party

Kicks off at Manning, Ground Floor, 7pm, and costs a measley 5 buckeroonies - cheapskates of the world unite! Karaoke and Live Bands included in $5 cover charge.

Friday May 30 - Combined Cruise with MedSoc and UNSW Law and Med Societies

When else will $30 buy you a buffet dinner, entertainment (ie watching drunken UNSW students), harbour views and lots and lots of... fun! Limited tickets, so keep an eye on emails and noticeboards for more information

May 31-June 1 - SULS Annual Wine Tour

Hunter Valley Wineries are once again bracing themselves for the onslaught that is SULS Wine-o's. Hot nights in Cessnock included in price.

SULS Informal - Thursday, 10 July, 2003

Last year's inaugural SULS Informal at the Watershed, "A Night at the Circus" was a huge night with over 550 people partying at a brand new venue at Darling Harbour. This year promises to be even bigger with features from a host of spectacular acts and is a perfect way to celebrate the end of exams! Tickets will be on sale closer to the date from the SULS offices at Level 5 at Law School and OTC 317 on Campus.

August 7 - Yet Another Infamous Level 5 Party!!! (Can you feel the excitement building...)

Law Ball - Le Montage, Leichhardt - Friday, 22 August, 2003

The Law Ball is the premier SULS event of the year and will be held at a new venue this year. With water views and a great location, Le Montage is one of Sydney's best function centres. This year we will kick on after the Ball with a fleet of water taxis picking us up and whisking us away to a huge after party in Darling Harbour. Tickets will be on sale towards the end on first semester and will be available from the SULS offices at Level 5 at Law School and OTC 317 on Campus.

Final Year Dinner - MacLaurin Hall - Saturday, 11 October, 2003

Celebrating with all your friends at the Final Year Dinner is the perfect way to finish off your career at Law School. Please look out for more information

alman

well, someone's done their research...

looking forward to it, i see? hmm..105 students isnt that many..maybe we can beat it?

alman

i think we can...just need more advertising..

but im definitely up for the camp and the wine tour..

i sure like my alcohol...i intend on being pissed at uni..:D
alcohol is an essential part of my bloodstream

is a roflcopter
HSC
hi
our camp is better than your camp so nyeh :p

"GROW UP JOHN" - pigs

alman

so.................

is anyone actually GOING????
tomorrow is that final day to pay for it, etc...the general consensus seems like a no go with our assignment due so close...why cant they change the camp or the due date??? :confused:

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
its a 1000 word assignment. bit of time management and both can be done quite easily, i'm looking forward to it.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah you guys suck you should all go and party!!
im jealous of usyd law ppl.. i met a boy at the premiers awards who was doing usyd law, i totally lusted after him and now i will never see him again! bummer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)