usyd law transfer 2018 (1 Viewer)

theboo

HSC
HI guys!!!
im a current arts student in usyd wanting to transfer into Arts/law in 2019- my atar was average (88.25) and my current uni marks are in the 77-80s range. if anyone in the past have transferred or know of people who transferred could you please let me know how you/ they went?
i spoke with student services and they told me that a distinction would be good however im not sure.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you have a chance of getting in. Doesn't an internal course transfer cost no money so you aren't losing anything by applying?

theboo

HSC
yea its not about the cost but i got offered a law/iR degree At MQU last year so idk if i want to try with MQ again or stay in USYD....?

A_Cacti

HSC
N/A
I am applying to transfer to usyd Arts/Law too! I am transferring externally though :). My WAM is 84.5

Last edited:

theboo

HSC
ooo that seems awesome! from what uni you transferrring if you dont mind me asking?

A_Cacti

HSC
N/A
university of melbourne; i am transferring from another state, victoria.

A_Cacti

HSC
N/A
It depends. UMelb is ranked higher than USyd for Physics, for example, but I am not intending to do physics so I don't care. For most arts subjects, which is what I am interested in, USyd > UMelb. For Law, something I am also interested in, UMelb > Usyd. HOWEVER, UMelb doesn't offer undergraduate Law, they only do JD. Since UMelb doesn't have LLB, Usyd is probably the best uni for undergraduate Law in Australia (ANU is meh because it is in Canberra). Nevertheless, I am not applying to Usyd for just the ranking; I am applying to Sydney because I am kind of sick of Melbourne (city), and because I hate Monash :)

theboo

HSC
hmmm thats understandable mate. wellll i wish you all the very best with it! and you never know might catch you around the law lib in usyd sometimes without knowing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)