• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

USYD Medicine (1 Viewer)

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
hi guys im current year 12 student and i remember reading somewhere they had like 10 people intake to undergraduate medicine directly into the post graduate course can someone elaborate on how that works?, because their website has absolutely nothing that i could find on it.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Medicine is combined with Bachelor of Science (Advanced) or Bachelor of Medical Science (you choose which one you like). I think you finish that degree off first before you commence the Medicine degree...but don't quote me on that.....

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Trebla said:
Medicine is combined with Bachelor of Science (Advanced) or Bachelor of Medical Science (you choose which one you like). I think you finish that degree off first before you commence the Medicine degree...but don't quote me on that.....
Yeah, that's it. You do that degree, as well as a few 0cp units on communication or something, and then commence the Med degree - so long as you've maintained the appropriate average. So it doesn't actually get you an MBBS any quicker than doing a first degree and then applying for the MBBS. However, it does guarantee you a place in med without the hassle of reapplying, sitting GAMSAT and so on at the end of your first degree, so that's a benefit.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
any ideas on the number of places?, i heard the intake is something like 10 people and cut offs are about 99.95...what are the chances of me getting in with say 99 with access scheme on top of that?. My school is considered a disadvantaged school.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
USyd will not accept anything short of 99.95 or 100. You'll be far better off going to UNSW. The max number is 10 per year, but it is usually less.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
any ideas on the number of places?, i heard the intake is something like 10 people and cut offs are about 99.95...what are the chances of me getting in with say 99 with access scheme on top of that?. My school is considered a disadvantaged school.
Med, advanced courses and high demand courses are excluded from the Broadway/EAS scheme at Usyd. 99.95 for Bsc(Med) or Bsc(ADV)/MBBS and around 99.45+ for BA Adv(Hons)/MBBS, and i've heard 99.35+ for B Music/MBBS.

http://www.usyd.edu.au/studentcentre/admissions/broadway.shtml

Usyd said:
All University of Sydney CSP courses (51xxxx) available to UAC applicants for 2008 will have an allocation of Broadway places, except the following:

511216 B Arts (Advanced)(Honours)
511217 B Arts (Advanced)(Honours)/B Medicine/B Surgery
512041 B Science (Advanced)
512042 B Science (Advanced Mathematics)
512062 B Science (Marine Science)
512063 B Science (Molecular Biology and Genetics)
512064 B Science (Molecular Biotechnology)
512065 B Science (Nutrition)
512097 B Medical Science/B Medicine/B Surgery
or B Science(Advanced)/B Medicine/B Surgery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)