usyd scholarship (1 Viewer)

raiie

HSC
so should i apply for the sydney scholars award with shit trial marks or is it useless lmaoo

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
USyd's Sydney Scholars Awards requires you to be a high academic achiever, which is manifested in a high ATAR (95 to 99.85). Keep in mind that your trial marks only constitute a partial contribution towards your final ranks in your respective subjects, and subsequently your Assessment Marks. The HSC exams are yet to be sat and are worth 50%. If you can ensure optimal performance in the HSC exams, which is done through effective preparations involving consistent effort, diligence and determination, a 95+ ATAR may be within reach, provided your final ranks are also favourable. If that is the case, I don't see why you shouldn't apply for this scholarship.

A reminder to everyone interested in applying for this scholarship that the closing date is 30 September 2021.

I hope this helps! 😄

dasfas

HSC
Yes, if you think you can get 95+, then you are eligible for it. They are focused on character and personality, not your marks specifically.

There are plenty of 99.95's getting rejected because this isn't an academic scholarship.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
what would you consider a favourable rank btw?
That would depend on your overall school performance. Generally speaking, in order to achieve a 95+ ATAR, you should try to rank as high as possible. Your Assessment Mark contributes 50% towards your final mark for a subject, meaning it would definitely be good to be ranked high as that will maximise your chances of reaching an ATAR in that region.

raiie

HSC
That would depend on your overall school performance. Generally speaking, in order to achieve a 95+ ATAR, you should try to rank as high as possible. Your Assessment Mark contributes 50% towards your final mark for a subject, meaning it would definitely be good to be ranked high as that will maximise your chances of reaching an ATAR in that region.
yeah, im just kinda worried because my ranks have dropped for most of my subjects (below top 15 probably 😬)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, im just kinda worried because my ranks have dropped for most of my subjects (below top 15 probably 😬)
That may likely make it a bit more difficult, but considering you are yet to sit your HSC exams, nothing has been finalised yet, and you definitely have a chance of reaching a high ATAR provided you perform well in your HSC exams across all your subjects so there's definitely no harm in applying and simultaneously attempting to enhance your performance going forward! :)

raiie

HSC
That may likely make it a bit more difficult, but considering you are yet to sit your HSC exams, nothing has been finalised yet, and you definitely have a chance of reaching a high ATAR provided you perform well in your HSC exams across all your subjects so there's definitely no harm in applying and simultaneously attempting to enhance your performance going forward! :)
yep i'll be trying my best!! thank you so much ☺

idkkdi

HSC
Yes, if you think you can get 95+, then you are eligible for it. They are focused on character and personality, not your marks specifically.

There are plenty of 99.95's getting rejected because this isn't an academic scholarship.
hm, it says 95 to 99.85. I think they auto switch you to the chancellor's award?

dasfas

HSC
hm, it says 95 to 99.85. I think they auto switch you to the chancellor's award?
99.90+ is Sydney Scholars with Distinction, where you get 10k p.a instead of 6k p.a.

When you get the email confirmation, they will tell you that you have a conditional offer for Sydney Scholars and that your actual payout is dependent on what ATAR you get. However, getting the offer in the first place is largely independent of marks.

Hiheyhello

HSC
damn i wish i knew about this earlier

do you think it’s too late to create an application? (is it a waste of time for the quality they’re expecting)

and how serious are they about extra curricular like do you have to be one of those people who were like school captain, sports captain, 10000000 hours of community service?

dasfas

HSC
damn i wish i knew about this earlier

do you think it’s too late to create an application? (is it a waste of time for the quality they’re expecting)

and how serious are they about extra curricular like do you have to be one of those people who were like school captain, sports captain, 10000000 hours of community service?
They're pretty serious about ECs, but you don't have to be sports captain or 10000 hours of volunteering.

They want to see someone who is mature, who has dedicated their time to a passion and who has helped out the community. This can be through music, through sports, through volunteering, but it doesn't really matter. It could even be about caring for a old family member.

They just want to see someone who is able to dedicate themselves to a task, someone who has pushed through adversity and who has come out on top. The application process isn't really a measure of academic achievement, but rather of character.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)