usyd "social life" (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
the unsw social life seems heaps mad they have all these parties and shit in that roundhouse thing, along with pool tables and shit...

im goign to sydney so i was just wondering what does sydney have to offer? if not, maybe the newbies can make a committee!!! to make it happen, i shotgun leader

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
aditya said:
the unsw social life seems heaps mad they have all these parties and shit in that roundhouse thing, along with pool tables and shit...

im goign to sydney so i was just wondering what does sydney have to offer? if not, maybe the newbies can make a committee!!! to make it happen, i shotgun leader
there are pool tables in wentworth building (lvl5) and holme (not sure, needs verification)... regarding the social life aspect, the clubs are the main source of that... clubs organise alot of activities... most u need to be a member (usually with a fee, but quite low)... sometimes u need nto to be a member to participate... i was a member of usyd chess club, and they had two hugh activies around the yr whcih every one can participate and two meets each wk which is only to members...

i heard anime club has wkly screening of anime's,

bridge club too it on a similar scale to chess club... etc etc..

tho it's up to u to find those activies urself...

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
aditya said:

You think UNSW will be better than USyd at a social life? Do you know how many drunken engo students there are? Do you know how many hot arts chicks there are?

At UNSW - Not many
At USyd - A shitload

transcendent

HSC
N/A
You go to USyd to meet new people. You end up spending more time with these people outside uni, or at Manning Bar, during lecture times then in.

DAAVE

HSC
KeypadSDM said:
You think UNSW will be better than USyd at a social life? Do you know how many drunken engo students there are? Do you know how many hot arts chicks there are?

At UNSW - Not many
At USyd - A shitload
Really? So the stereotypes are true at sydney?

If so my dreams have come true :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
HAHHAHAHA chess club! AHHAHAHAHAHA what a great social life. And an anime club. You make me laugh.

DAAVE

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
HAHHAHAHA chess club! AHHAHAHAHAHA what a great social life. And an anime club. You make me laugh.
Shut up... personally im not interested in either of them but seriously if thats what they enjoy then let them do it. doesn't harm you so get over it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
We should combine the two and have Japanese seizure causing robots as the pieces....

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
very amusing...
tell me some of ur interest so i can laugh??? plz???

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
While it's sad to define people by their area of study, it's so true. The Engineering Faculty is full of drunks who spent a long time fighting for their own bar to be located in the Engineering Faculty, despite the fact it's no more than a hundred metres to Wentworth Bar.

And yes, the Arts Faculty is full of hot, hot girls.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
While it's sad to define people by their area of study, it's so true. The Engineering Faculty is full of drunks who spent a long time fighting for their own bar to be located in the Engineering Faculty, despite the fact it's no more than a hundred metres to Wentworth Bar.

Why the fuck aren't the engineers going to the arts bar then?

DAAVE

HSC
Phanatical said:

how the hell are we supposed to get any work done then! lol

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:

So on that basis, all the Conservatorium people are queer and limp wristed?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
im pretty sure aditya wasnt asking about chess parties. his tone suggested otherwise. I have actually heard syd uni has the best social life, which is why I'm chosing it. No other uni's were listed in my pref's even though I live very close to UNSW.
Laugh at my interests if you wish but somehow I find drinking to be more entertaining than watching Super Giant Robots XX Raiders 2.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Xayma said:
So on that basis, all the Conservatorium people are queer and limp wristed?
Most are. Straight people are a minority at the Conservatorium, though we're there. And most of us have incredibly strong wrists due to the fact that most of us play instruments like piano.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
im pretty sure aditya wasnt asking about chess parties. his tone suggested otherwise. I have actually heard syd uni has the best social life, which is why I'm chosing it. No other uni's were listed in my pref's even though I live very close to UNSW.
Laugh at my interests if you wish but somehow I find drinking to be more entertaining than watching Super Giant Robots XX Raiders 2.
Subski. I think it's surfing skiing club mainly for 'jocks' or party goers. I dunno but I heard maybe that's the kinda club you're looking for.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
If anybody is interested, the Sydney Eclectic Composers Society is always looking for musicians and non-musicians interested in creating music to join the society. We need the membership fees, and honestly, where else can you say you're a member of the SECS society?

www.secsmusic.org/

lipsoti

HSC
N/A
all these social activities and hot arts chicks sounds great, except what about people at the lidcombe campus? it's pretty small with no bars or arts students. does anyone know if there are things to do there? i'd rather be at city campus

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Cumberland Campus is independent of the Union, so you can't join societies on main campus, unfortunately. That's not a problem though, they have quite a few societies of their own. It has its own bar over there, and a lot of health science students who are very, um... healthy.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
i respect ur interest, and so should u do mine...

by no means was i implying chess was the aspect he was looking for, i was merely presenting what i have experienced in the first year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)