USYD / UNSW Medicine (1 Viewer)

antman3765

HSC
Hello everyone, I am doing the HSC in 2022 and the course I'm aiming for is med at either USYD or UNSW. I was just wondering what Atar / Ucat percentile I should aim for to get into either uni.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
USyd states the following:

Admission to this course is on the basis of the following criteria:
  • A secondary education qualification such as the NSW Higher School Certificate (including national and international equivalents). An ATAR of 99.95 or equivalent is required*.
  • An online assessment process including a written assessment followed by a panel discussion.
  • English language requirements where these are not demonstrated by sufficient qualifications taught in English.

UNSW doesn't seem to have a specific ATAR requirement like USyd does, although the 2021 lowest ATAR was 97.2. You should definitely be aiming for the highest possible ATAR as medicine is considered highly competitive (irrespective of the university). Similarly, you should be aiming for the highest UCAT percentile (again UNSW doesn't seem to explicitly state a specific UCAT score). Once you can ensure these two requirements are met, the only thing left you'll need to worry about is your interview performance, which is also important to receive an offer.

Pikapizza

HSC
Adding on to jimmysmith's post, UNSW did release some stats about the 2021-entry cohort in an information evening event:
  • Local median selection rank was 99.82
  • Local lowest selection rank was 99.50

• Local medican UCAT score was 3106
  • Local lowest UCAT score was 2890
Again these aren't hard cutoffs I presume, but definitely something numerical to aim for. Good luck with your journey!

antman3765

HSC
Adding on to jimmysmith's post, UNSW did release some stats about the 2021-entry cohort in an information evening event:
  • Local median selection rank was 99.82
  • Local lowest selection rank was 99.50

• Local medican UCAT score was 3106
  • Local lowest UCAT score was 2890
Again these aren't hard cutoffs I presume, but definitely something numerical to aim for. Good luck with your journey!
tysm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)