• A Bored of Studies event for HSC students
    Coming soon...
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UTS vs UNSW co-op (1 Viewer)

Woaosiski

HSC
I know it’s in year 12 but how do I start preparing so that there is a chance I can get selected. I‘m not doing any activities in school rn so should i join clubs and stuff or is volunteering outside of school enough? also which is better UNSW computer sci co op or UNSW information technology or UTS BIT co-op... thank you

one last thing, where can I volunteer? Outside

B1andB2

HSC
well due to covid this year i guess not many people will have 2020 extra curricular activities. They'll probably look at year 10 and (y12 probs?). I think unsw coop gives more money and is more competitive than the UTS scheme, though both are fantastic.

You can volunteer for school stuff like leadership, organising, participating in competitions, mentoring, sport, debating/public speaking
outside: charity work, volunteering at the local library or smth, part time job

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
BIT at UTS is a slightly more business focussed IT course, so I assume it would be closer to BIS and maybe IT at UNSW but wouldn't be comparable to Comp Sci at UNSW.

I'd just recommend applying for both (or all 3 I guess if you are interested in either IS or CS).

Woaosiski

HSC
I prefer coding and programming, learning about cyber security and all that stuff even engineering but not really into business ... so would UNSW be a better choice??

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I prefer coding and programming, learning about cyber security and all that stuff even engineering but not really into business ... so would UNSW be a better choice??
I'd say so, but there's still BITs that are interested in programming and plenty of the sponsors offer development positions,

I also believe the BIT program is the largest IT related co-op scholarship at UTS (and possibly Australia), but I believe there are also co-op positions for software engineering and other courses at UTS that you might be interested in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)